Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max Biggavel

Max Biggavel Senior member

elle donne son corps avant son nom

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

best not to not listen to them do your own thing. see if you can get into a lab soon (maybe over the summer or after completing some preliminary coursework so you have better understanding) doing some basic research that will lead to a much better letter of rec. that along with the fact that you're at jh will give you a greater advantage over those party in ed hardy kids from the public school next door. and you're already dressing better than those upper classmen fools

yeah, I committed to doing some non school related stuff this summer, which I'm kind of regretting now. regardless I'm going to try and get an internship of some next summer. my major requires that we do a certain amount of research work though, so I'm definitely going to be spending some time in labs as an upperclassmen.

3. Doctor Quack

Doctor Quack Senior member

yessir. pretty convinced this may be the most depressing campus ever. most of the kids spent all their time in the library so that they can get a lower GPA then people at more prestigious schools that do grade inflation and the small percentage of kids who do have fun are usually athletes who are struggling just to pass. I have a good time, but the more I talk to upper classmen the more I'm not looking forward to the next few years. ~edit~ not to say that I didn't expect it to be a lot of work. I knew I was going to have to work my ass off, it just kind of sucks seeing all my friends go to UConn, have the time of their life, and getting a killer GPA while I work really hard and am struggling just to maintain a decent GPA. idk. I just keep feeling like a banging GPA from a state school is more useful than a mediocre/bad one from hop.
    Until JHU earns exciting epithets like "Where fun goes to die" and "The only thing that goes down on you is your GPA" and has a holiday called "Suicide Prevention Day" I think you're safe.[​IMG] Anyway, as someone who went to such a nerd school (full disclosure: I'm a socially awkward nerd-type person), you really need to find some extracurricular activity, preferably one with a built in means of socializing, or school will crush your soul.
    um, at least your school isnt Univ of Chicago...I was gonna go there for economics, but then I realized I would have prolly committed suicide.
    Speak of the devil… It's certainly not a place for everyone, though I'd say the school's gotten slightly more "normal" since I was there a few years ago.

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

alternatively, doing a lot of drugs is a great escape; or so i hear ...........

[​IMG]

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

the only problem with my choice is that I'm in a hellhole now, which is consisted of bruhmeisters and stupid dumb bitches that don't deserve the attention they think they do. Everything is about lame sports that we suck ass at. shoulda just went to chicago and slit my wrists, woulda saved me the trouble since I feel so empty being here. Public universities are ass, make the best of what you have at JHU. I know someone there, and hes enjoying himself and doing very well in school. Its just about finding your niche.
    Speak of the devil… It's certainly not a place for everyone, though I'd say the school's gotten slightly more "normal" since I was there a few years ago.
    lol, I really think I shoulda went there. Maybe I could have had people to share my torment with!

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Until JHU earns exciting epithets like "Where fun goes to die" and "The only thing that goes down on you is your GPA" and has a holiday called "Suicide Prevention Day" I think you're safe.[​IMG]

Anyway, as someone who went to such a nerd school (full disclosure: I'm a socially awkward nerd-type person), you really need to find some extracurricular activity, preferably one with a built in means of socializing, or school will crush your soul.

I'm pretty sure those could all (except for maybe the suicide one) be used to describe jhu.

I'm involved in some extracurriculars and have made a really good group of friends, but I'm just worried about turning into a loner as school work increases. I may rush next fall, but I'm still debating.

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

In a historic moment unheard of by man before this day someone actually answered to an RSVP instead of just letting me assume everything is allright, world peace is near!

8. Doctor Quack

Doctor Quack Senior member

lol, I really think I shoulda went there. Maybe I could have had people to share my torment with!
    Complaining about school work, classes, professors, etc. was pretty much the most popular activity there, so you wouldn't have been alone. Self-deprecating humor would be a close second.
    I'm involved in some extracurriculars and have made a really good group of friends, but I'm just worried about turning into a loner as school work increases. I may rush next fall, but I'm still debating.
    Just don't let the work get to you and recognize that everyone's pretty much in the same boat (boats will vary by major, of course). Avoiding studying in the library helps.

9. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

In a historic moment unheard of by man before this day someone actually answered to an RSVP instead of just letting me assume everything is allright, world peace is near!

this is probably more indicative of 2012 nearing that world peace prevailing

10. sipang

sipang Senior member

On Ã[​IMG]tait assis à la terasse d'un cafÃ[​IMG], relaxxxxx IAM4Life negro
    Plus de chèques, plus de cartes, plus de liquide... that's me right now, ramen time !
    IAM? je danse le mia?
    v
    elle donne son corps avant son nom
    to keep this relevant, Je danse le mia shoes game was on point [​IMG]

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

loner? it's called priorities and being an individual. Your peers will take notice of how studious you are and a springboard to more friendships/collaborative work. Imagine studying with girls, OHH! (yeah lame, just had to comment about the whole school disc.)

^ and he is right, avoid studying in libraries. it's actually counterproductive unless you go during gaps when majority of students have lecture/disc. then it can be somewhat quiet and you can actually hear yourself think. (living far away from campus was probably the best decision in terms of academics)

12. xM.

xM. Senior member

Band of Outsiders, Robert Geller Seconds, Opening Ceremony, C.P. Company, Stone Island Shadow all now available at The Bay.

No, seriously.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

^I was, momentarily, unsure if that said bad things about those labels or good things about the bay. I'm leaning slightly towards the latter.

14. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

C.P. Company is awesome. cassette playa + cp company + common projects = all brands with initials "CP"

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Band of Outsiders, Robert Geller Seconds, Opening Ceremony, C.P. Company, Stone Island Shadow all now available at The Bay.

No, seriously.

Wow. The Bay really IS trying to turn itself around. Last time I was there there's a giant men's Desigual display at the entrance haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.