Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Most people I know are firmly entrenched on one side of the line by time they're anywhere close to finishing college. I don't know anyone who's attained their degree, gotten a real job, received their first paycheck and gone, "Oh shit, time to switch sides."
    I dunno man. When I was in undergrad there was no way you could get me to vote conservative in this country, now I probably will. The issues I cared about were completely different than what motivates me to vote now. I'm not suddenly a hardcore right winger by any stretch, CE basically needs to get punched in the face as far as I'm concerned, but my situs on the political spectrum as it were has shifted dramatically to the right as lawyer vs. english major w/ philosophy minor.

2. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

it's surprising/funny how so many top-posters here have some kind of background in philosophy (at least an undergrad minor or something like that)...
    off the top of my head: lane, ar_six, arw, fuuma, xeno, mafoofan, radicaldog, Connemara(?), tagutcow(?)

WTF??!!

but then, maybe not so surprising given the preponderance of lawyers
    someone needs to create a poll or something[​IMG]

3. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I'm still a freshman, but I'm planning on a philosophy minor, biophysics major [​IMG]

4. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

but then, maybe not so surprising given the preponderance of lawyers
    someone needs to create a poll or something[​IMG]

SF census? It would be cool to see some demographic info.

5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

look in my wallet for the first time since last night. notice a decent amount of cash missing [​IMG]

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

never to be found [​IMG]
    I'm still a freshman, but I'm planning on a philosophy minor, biophysics major [​IMG]
    you at JH right (since you said no public i guess not UMD) ?

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

you at JH right (since you said no public i guess not UMD) ?
    yessir. pretty convinced this may be the most depressing campus ever. most of the kids spent all their time in the library so that they can get a lower GPA then people at more prestigious schools that do grade inflation and the small percentage of kids who do have fun are usually athletes who are struggling just to pass. I have a good time, but the more I talk to upper classmen the more I'm not looking forward to the next few years. ~edit~ not to say that I didn't expect it to be a lot of work. I knew I was going to have to work my ass off, it just kind of sucks seeing all my friends go to UConn, have the time of their life, and getting a killer GPA while I work really hard and am struggling just to maintain a decent GPA. idk. I just keep feeling like a banging GPA from a state school is more useful than a mediocre/bad one from hop.

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

um, at least your school isnt Univ of Chicago...I was gonna go there for economics, but then I realized I would have prolly committed suicide. Also, switching to a public university sucks ass. I did that, and what happened was the classes were so easy my gpa dropped like a mfer because i didnt take them seriously whatsoever. I got two Cs my first semester transferring in, and now my gpa is stuck at 2.8 when I came from a private one with a 3.41....I'm also doing badly this semester cuz the classes I had to choose I despise because of having so many blocks, and being treated like a second class citizen (aka transfer) I ended up registering late. Fall 2011 looks good, though.

9. the shah

yessir. pretty convinced this may be the most depressing campus ever. most of the kids spent all their time in the library so that they can get a lower GPA then people at more prestigious schools that do grade inflation and the small percentage of kids who do have fun are usually athletes who are struggling just to pass. I have a good time, but the more I talk to upper classmen the more I'm not looking forward to the next few years.

best not to not listen to them do your own thing. see if you can get into a lab soon (maybe over the summer or after completing some preliminary coursework so you have better understanding) doing some basic research that will lead to a much better letter of rec. that along with the fact that you're at jh will give you a greater advantage over those party in ed hardy kids from the public school next door. and you're already dressing better than those upper classmen fools

10. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

How is chicago as a city?

11. sipang

sipang Senior member

never to be found
    [​IMG]

Can that bag transform into a quilted double rider somehow ? I hope so.

12. the shah

Can that bag transform into a quilted double rider somehow ? I hope so.

another one from the line does this

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. sipang

sipang Senior member

fracture nette de l'oeil droit

14. the shah

fracture nette de l'oeil droit

On Ã[​IMG]tait assis à la terasse d'un cafÃ[​IMG], relaxxxxx

IAM4Life negro

15. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member