Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

No, it doesn't mean doctors are stupid just that it's a technical pursuit and not something matching what you're expected to do in graduate circles; challenge commonly held notions and come up with knowledge of your own.
    That's a nice idea of what happens in graduate circles and sometimes it even comes true.

2. asobu

asobu Senior member

^ I want to be asobu

[​IMG]

3. Razele

Razele Senior member

Hendrix what is the concordance rate for these prescribed therapies that your new novell research is going to produce?

What is the concordance rate in any prescribed therapy?

4. Razele

Razele Senior member

Razele, what field do you work in currently?
    I'm a mental health nurse, was going to do med and psychiatry but I'm a libertarian now not a communist so I object to alot of healthcare Law and Econ, boooom It's pretty good, I earn 75k a year, six weeks holiday, paid overtime etc I had no support as my parents are junkies, I'm self supported and I raised my little sister too, so I never had the normal ride through high school --> undergrad --> postgrad Your regarded as a clinician as well, I do assessments on people in emergency the same that a doctor does and treatment decisions are made in a group, if you know your ish (and I do lol) you get alot of say.

5. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Hendrix what is the concordance rate for these prescribed therapies that your new novell research is going to produce?

well, none, since the money doesn't come from them. i'm not sure what you're getting at.

6. Razele

Razele Senior member

Patient concordance with treatment is around fifty percent, give or take for some pop groups, so even if your therapy is a miracle cure, they probably won't take it

Uh oh...

7. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Patient concordance with treatment is around fifty percent, give or take for some pop groups, so even if your therapy is a miracle cure, they probably won't take it
    i'm not really sure what your point is. anyway it's all good, probably doesn't belong in RFT and i like you so let's hug it out

8. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

i'm not really sure what your point is. anyway it's all good, probably doesn't belong in RFT and i like you so let's hug it out
    I believe he's trying to impress on you just how important the type of research he discussed is, even if it isn't "truly groundbreaking."
    Your regarded as a clinician as well, I do assessments on people in emergency the same that a doctor does and treatment decisions are made in a group, if you know your ish (and I do lol) you get alot of say.
    Cool, we're trying to work toward a more, er "clinically involved" practice in pharmacy as well (at least in Manitoba, and most of Canada as well). Interesting times.

9. Razele

Razele Senior member

Hendrix, your going out and saying all this research doesn't mean much, clinicians are just tradies and don't add anything to the body of knowledge, I'm saying if you worked in a hospital and understood how this research is actually important you might rethink broad, sweeping generic statements like equating surgery to chop shop computer repair

10. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Hendrix, your going out and saying all this research doesn't mean much, clinicians are just tradies and don't add anything to the body of knowledge

i'm not saying this though. it wasn't meant to be a black and white statement. I'm not devaluing the research they do.

11. Razele

Razele Senior member

A doctor is a bit like a computer technician in that someone comes in with the problem. The doctor has to diagnose the problem and then fix it, using the current prescribed knowledge and techniques. the scientists are the ones who come up with the knowledge and techniques
    ^^ This

Is incredibly black and white

12. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

well, when you're being a doctor your job is to diagnose and treat. that doesn't mean a doctor can't do research, just that when you're diagnosing and treating a patient you're not doing research. you're being a technician. a highly skilled technician, obviously.

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

About half the doctors at my work do research part-time, about 20% of non-medical staff do too.

Anyway this isn't Real Medicine Thoughts, just don't like black and white thinking as few things in life are readily explained so simply. Meh.

14. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

took my aeglus picture for the "dress like another member" contest, then decided i liked the outfit so much that i'm going to wear it today.

15. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I don't know what the new album sounds like, but if you listen to their first (self-titled) EP it's just a bunch of really really well-crafted songs in that pop-rock vein, way less sepia. Probably my favorite album of theirs.

Thanks, downloading now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.