Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Is it possible to have style without swagger?

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Is it possible to have style without swagger?

dont do this

3. A Fellow Linguist

not asking for myself, my swagger is always on maximum.

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the words. Don't say them.

5. A Fellow Linguist

I don't see how this conversation can go anywhere but great places.

6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

oh i remember this guy. his name is lowrider or something and he is from hawaii. he has always sucked.

no. lowrider was taller and posed more awkward and had more expensive stuff. isn't this that guy haliexn0 or something weird like that?

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

9. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

One day while very high and very curious i watched the video on the tumblr in westside's sig and realized he's the prototypical nyu student who doesn't fall into the category of
    1) douche-bro
    2) a chick who takes her social cues from sex and the city, drinks too much her freshman year and puts on tons of weight
    3) gay dude into theater.

Mind you, category 4 (the type of person who would make a tumblr about rick owens) is the most tolerable type of NYU student, so i'm not trying to hate.

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

do you go to NYU? I'm thinking about going there for grad school. Cuz the school i'm in now I don't fit in whatsoever. Everything is about shitty sports that we suck at. Not even one club that's remotely interesting, etc.

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

No, I just work in Manhattan. Though I had very close friends who went, and in general, NYU students are easy to spot. From what I know, if you're looking for an intellectual community type atmosphere it isn't the place to go really. The draw of NYU is that you live in downtown manhattan and have basically everything the city has to offer (hence the proliferation of "OMG You are so Carrie Bradshaw!' girls). It is monstrously expensive, both in terms of cost of admission and lifestyle. You'll have to stop kopping julius for a while [​IMG] From your posts here I feel like you'd have a better time at a place with a more nerds and fewer hipsters.

12. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

i meant that one seriously. i'm saying i hate sperry topsider shoes and sebago docksiders and whatever bootleg deck shoes people buy. i especially hate girls who wear them. they are corny shoes for white people who are in college - corny ass cracker campus footwear.

i feel like ghostface: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,1178775,00.html

"This is my smooth s--- because Grey Poupon is like some hype French mustard, you know what I mean? I don't like Grey Poupon "” I like French's. Everybody else was talking about it like it was the s--- because of that commercial, but I still like the yellow mustard"

fuck YEA

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

No, I just work in Manhattan. Though I had very close friends who went, and in general, NYU students are easy to spot. From what I know, if you're looking for an intellectual community type atmosphere it isn't the place to go really. The draw of NYU is that you live in downtown manhattan and have basically everything the city has to offer (hence the proliferation of "OMG You are so Carrie Bradshaw!' girls). It is monstrously expensive, both in terms of cost of admission and lifestyle. You'll have to stop kopping julius for a while [​IMG] From your posts here I feel like you'd have a better time at a place with a more nerds and fewer hipsters.
    Thinking about it now, aside from the CUNYs & Cooper, it seems to me most NYC colleges have deep character flaws. And aside from CUNY/Cooper they're all obscenely overpriced. 10-20 yrs ago I would recommend NYU, but the city's too expensive now

14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Cooked to wonton soup with my bros for hours last night. fuck yeah lil b.

15. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

no matter what life throws at you kids ensure you get a degree you cant do anything with after graduation (though do feel pigeon holed to pursue the career) and be sure to amass enormous student loans that you only pay interest on until you finally find a job (ideally a public service type role where you can have your debt potentially expunged). also consider postponing IRL as long as possible at whatever cost$ necessary. Even if you have to do post grad studies in non money making areas such as social sciences and philosophy. and buy a fuck pile of expensive clothes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.