1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alfa159

Alfa159 Senior member

Will look into our legacy and gitman. And sns for sweaters
    What do you mean by snowman lite, snowmanxl? Id have to look at more fit pics to get a better idea, but that is a possible direction.

2. brightorangetrousers

brightorangetrousers Senior member

Did you get cider doughnuts?

3. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

Undercover did some jackets a few years ago with a see through area on the left arm so you could see your watch.

I actually found one in a random consignment shop years ago before I had heard of Undercover(ism). I really liked it but I was going out to dinner and had taken the train into the city and didnt feel like lugging it around. Still wish I had.

4. cxbxw

cxbxw Well-Known Member

Anybody else, when browsing looks/outfits on the web, find it easier to look at female outfits and 'convert' them to a male equivilant, that to just . . . look at male outfits?

Just me? Okay then. :nodding:

5. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

style inspiration:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

no, i'm totally with you

7. jet

jet Senior member

Need to know my size in 7000 lobb last anyone leaning towards 9.5uk, yall know my size.

8. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

hhah @ 00:30
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

9. jet

jet Senior member

rick hightops @ 38 finally someone who knows how to rock them

ps. who is this fucking guy

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  10. LukeM

LukeM Senior member

Recieved a shipment from American Eagle today thinking I was just going to give it to my little brother. It fits and feels good but is slightly boxy. I am kinda embarrassed how pleased I am. :embar:

11. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

[​IMG]

It finally hit the online store. Hooooooo babeeee

Does anyone know anything about Percival? Stuff hits a pretty decent price during sale season

12. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Can anyone recommend a good book on sewing?

13. jslade

jslade Senior member

Quick fit pic of the J. Crew suit that I got in the mail today. Obviously it still needs to be tailored, and I need a proper dress shirt, tie, belt, shoes, etc. And of course, the angle of the camera and the lighting is making the top half seem larger than it really is. It should look much more balanced IRL. :slayer:

Apart from the pants needing to be hemmed and the sleeves needing to be shortened, are there any critiques on fit? I don't care to be super-MC, but I do want to look better than the average suit-clad interviewee.

[​IMG]

Happy I can fit into this shit. I've lost 15 pounds since the beginning of the school year. Got fat over the summer eating good food.

I'd prefer for the pants to be a little slimmer, but on the other hand, it's a suit...

1 person likes this.
  14. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

+1

15. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

dude srsly? shorter sleeves/hemmed? i think it fits pretty much perfectly. i vaguely recall you saying it's for interviews or someshit? yeah, you don't want slimmer pants. fit is pretty spot on. do not shorten sleeves at all. pant length is personal preference - unless the waist is like way higher than it should be right now i don't see problem in pantlength either...

16. Teger

Teger Senior member

got coerced into seeing beirut tomorrow night

17. jslade

jslade Senior member

Sorry, the lighting is pretty bad in the photo. The pants are cuffed right now (about 1.5 inches). I'm thinking of getting them hemmed so that there's no break. The cuff looks really sloppy right now, and is too large for a 5'8" guy like me. Is no break what you SW&D guys usually go for, or do you go for a half-break?

I think the sleeve length is a tiny bit too long -- although it might just be the shirt. The shirt extends about 1/4" past my wrists. You can kinda tell in the photo.

I should have prefaced my original post with a disclaimer that I don't know shit. :eek:

I am pretty satisfied with the fit overall, though. I think the shoulders are pretty good.

18. Lel

Lel Senior member

Suit fits well, no break on the pants (hem slightly higher than you have shown).

19. Feji

Feji Senior member

Shirts you want the sleeve to hit at your wrist/palm (shortest sleeve length) up to about halfway down your palm (longest sleeve length), this is pretty much personal preference if you like your cuffs riding up past your wrist/forearm when you bend your elbows and such. Depending on where you like your shirt sleeves to ht, your suit sleeve should hit 1/4" to 1/2" shorter than that to show some shirt cuff. For me, I like my shirt cuff to hit at the middle of my palm so when I sit at a table or reach for things, it doesn't look awkward with the sleeve riding up my forearm. For a tall lanky person, this might not look so awkward...but for us on the shorter side, it does look weird. Anything past mid palm will definitely look too large also.

So before altering your suit jacket, get your shirt in order first. Then you can see what kind of alterations to do with your jacket sleeve and such so you can get your desired effect.

20. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

overall looks good

i would actually lengthen the jacket sleeve personally as that is too much shirt cuff showing for me. BUT it just might be your photo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.