Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

Hendrix, if you're going to talk about dietary health, you really should have a reference of the largest dietary health study ever conducted. Most people don't need to have everything spelled out for them. You had a problem understanding the concept of rate of cancer among smokers in the context of that quote? Anyways, the conclusion that is shared is that dietary fat consumption is a stronger indicator for the development of terminal illness than any other widespread cause. It's kind of sad that you're not familiar with the theory, considering that you feel the need to respond on the topic. Feel free to keep the discussion going, but my patience for idiocy is limited so don't expect my participation.

2. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

parliaments sometimes have charcoal filters. you're right though asian cigarettes are much much weaker. i think impolytone_ once told me he smokes 0.1mgs

3. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

You had a problem understanding the concept of rate of cancer among smokers in the context of that quote?
    that's because the concept doesn't exist. Prevalence? Incidence? sure. Rate? no.
    Anyways, the conclusion that is shared is that dietary fat consumption is a stronger indicator for the development of terminal illness than any other widespread cause.
    well, being African is a strong indicator for a high likelihood of catching AIDS, what's your point?
    It's kind of sad that you're not familiar with the theory, considering that you feel the need to respond on the topic.
    I am very aware of this theory, which is mainly perpetuated by bullshit pseudo-scientists completely mis-understanding the point of epidemiological studies and what they can and cannot imply.
    Feel free to keep the discussion going, but my patience for idiocy has expired.
    I would assume a high tolerance for idiocy considering the literature you quoted.

4. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

parliaments sometimes have charcoal filters. you're right though asian cigarettes are much much weaker. i think impolytone_ once told me he smokes 0.1mgs

asian cigarettes are indeed much weaker. take, for example, marlboros.

Marlboro Lights in the US = 6 mg tar, 0.5mg nicotine
    Marlboro Lights in Korea = 3mg tar, 0.3mg nicotine

5. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

I think SF new groupthink is hating on GATs... l o l

6. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I think SF new groupthink is hating on GATs... l o l
    I think it's actually just the people who don't like the originals starting to speak up :raises hand: Also, I want this whole fit [​IMG]

7. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

To say something clothing related, my MMM gats have a hole in the heel after fewer than 20 wears, not impressed [​IMG].

Yeah, the quality of the lining isn't very impresive.

8. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Japanese people who live the american lifestyle get american cancers: breast, prostate, colon, etc. Stomach cancer is not a concern like it is in asia. This shows that behavior is more important than genetics in cancer formation.

Hendrix, please give or link a good rebuttal to the china study if you have one. I'd love to read it.

9. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

alright. what did sf get me for my birthday?

10. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

yo melon don't kopp that guys face, you will get assaulted ugh

11. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

lol at the most recent oki-ni styled by series thing, terrible. also, thoughts on mcqueen poppy flower shirt?

12. stever

stever Senior member

yo melon don't kopp that guys face, you will get assaulted ugh
    [​IMG]

13. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I like it a lot, reminds me of the Dries paint splatter but this is like bucket spill. Though this may seem stupid for a shirt that loud, I really don't like the red contrast stitching on the front. (if we're talking about the one on SSense? I don't know if there are any other)

14. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Hey guys, If you've got a few minutes to measure some of your tee shirts, I'd appreciate it if you contributed to my thread. I figure it'd be a good resource if it reaches critical mass, as it were. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=234612

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

LOL, stop making shit up. That you are willing to handle smog but feel affected by the smell of cigarettes OUTSIDE means you're either full of shit or have some sort of olfactory defect. You're just looking for a chance to join the common outrage against smokers.

Not making shit up dude, if I'm standing outside waiting for a bus and the dude exhales smoke and I breathe in directly, I certainly feel that a lot more than breathing in smog in the air. Are you really trying to say that if you directly inhale smoke you should feel less affected than the generally polluted air you breathe in 24/7? This is the dumbest thing you've ever said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.