Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

the funniest part to me is that despite lane thinking that richmond is 'bumfuck va' he'd probably love this city more than any other place he's ever been

Gorilla Crew, fuck you.

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

Hey Fuumski, I'm writing my thesis proposal right now. Without getting into a lot of detail, I was curious if you are familiar with much philosophy specifically concerning "hearing"(given that there is quite a lot concerned with feeling or seeing or touching etc). The only thing I know of is John Cage. I could probably find some non-western stuff.

do you like heidegger? i keep posting about this, but apparently nobody on sf has read any sort of good german philosophy from weimar/the earlier 1900s.

3. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

People who truly have swag don't post about it (or post on sf at all)

Truth. Just as those with money don't generally like to discuss financials with those who are not in the same fiscal loop. Things such as these speak for themselves and are better left to be discovered by your friends and peers versus proclaimed or shoved down their throats. That is unless you have (purposefully, or unconsciously) very little tact, e.g. or just want to show off the fact you have a solid income or family money, for whatever reason that might be.....

teger is just as arrogant as sq4you but without the style, money, and occasional humor

He makes valid points though. Even if the points aren't accompanied by "style, money, and humor" they're still just as applicable and valid, imo. I don't think you're disagreeing with that, but jS.

edit; late on this post...people writing quick this AM

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

do you like heidegger? i keep posting about this, but apparently nobody on sf has read any sort of good german philosophy from weimar/the earlier 1900s.

im thinking of starting to read heidegger.

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

uncontrol and i don't e-like each other. i don't like him because he's tacky, and to me that's the greatest sin of all

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

heidigger is literally indecipherable. maybe the most painful thing ive read, much worse than proust (so boring) or joyce (ugh).

i really, really like carl schmitt and ernst junger. their philosophy is less pure philosophy and more political theory.

7. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Also, truth be told I like Teger, dude cracks me up.

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

heidigger is literally indecipherable. maybe the most painful thing ive read, much worse than proust (so boring) or joyce (ugh).

i really, really like carl schmitt and ernst junger. their philosophy is less pure philosophy and more political theory.

german philosophers have all given me massive fucking headaches, and made me feel rather stupid. [​IMG] Whether its Hegel, Kant, or Nietzsche..I dunno if its mainly cuz of translation but its so hard to absorb. They are usually the most profound and interesting to me, though.

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Being tacky and nice is much more forgivable than being a blowhard.

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

unfortunately at some point in my life i'm going to need to learn to read german. very saddening.

i think it's less translation and more a matter of intellectual style. to me, german philosophers construct their arguements in a way that always rings a little false/strange to americans. heidgger is by far the worst of them all IMO.

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

Schopenhauer was the easiest for me to digest, and one of my fav.

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I'm considering the idea of maybe getting into wondering if I should study philosophy

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

i like junger because his philosophy encapsulates a lot of good criticism of modern society without the pacifism of most liberals

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

its my minor, but as always most classes go very slow and they explain things in a rigid/typical academic manner. I've enjoyed philosophy more by reading it by myself.

ive never been exposed to junger, but ill check em out. Wiki editors seems to hate him.

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

scottm has two types of posts:
    post 1:
    talks about swag/how swaggy an item he's gonna kop is/how much swag he has
    post 2:
    anecdote about his life

I mentioned this recently; I still never know if Scott.m is just fucking with us or actually serious because it seems to me post 1 never happened for the first ~year he was on here. He has either acquired a real life persona that has translated to the interweb or acquired a new interweb persona. Or hell I don't know maybe he was just being shy originally. It's not a bad thing I just always read his posts like he's being facetious or ironic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.