Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

and I just got a black shipley jacket off gilt. fuck. I need to stop coming here.

2. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

GF and I broke up. I end up selling my clothes...I dressed better when I was with her. [​IMG]

3. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

GF and I broke up. I end up selling my clothes: BoO parka, Ndg shawl cardigan, NDG1 glasses, MMM hightops...I dressed better when I was with her. [​IMG]

aww [​IMG]

4. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

GF and I broke up. I end up selling my clothes...I dressed better when I was with her. [​IMG]
    cheer up mellow, you seem like a great guy so I'm sure you'll be back to normal/find someone new in due time!

5. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Wait I thought GN was talking about Nike Blazers, i.e. sneakers.

Not hard to match stuff with black jeans hoss, black boots or black oxfords (not too sleek or polished though) or black sneakers or colored sneakers in good colors like a good plum or slate blue.

Black blazers as in jackets are pretty slick but I'm leery of too much black suiting, reminds me of those Ferragamo or Boss ads with nonstop tans and jawlines.

i dunno man i kind of don't trust someone who wears tailored clothing casually (j.k. fuuma)

6. sipang

sipang Senior member

I'd trust this guy

[​IMG]

7. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

you're joking right? you'd let this guy do your taxes?

8. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'd trust this guy

[​IMG]

dude looks like he'd be the villain of a wild wild west sequel, 50 foot mechanical spiders and all

9. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

If you're talking about the nikes, most ebay sellers have 4-5 images? [​IMG]
    I think you missed what I was talking about, my point was the hype train builds speed quickly around here... must be an advertiser's dream come true if they can tap into it. Anyway enough of this sf mobile noise, back to life

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

mellowfellow, if you need emotional advice or need someone to swag you out, I'm here for you. (0)

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Sorry to hear that, little buddy. If you need somebody to bang you, feel free to come over to Guang Dong.

12. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

Thanks guys. Gonna try to spend some time with friends and families. Bought myself a Barbour bedale. =)

13. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

just now? i always assumed that'd be your thing. loose, relaxed, various patterns, nicely textured wools. very artsy fartsy

I was actually under the impression that he lived in Dries.

Synthese beat me to it. But yah, I did always like Comme, but now its turning into full blown love.

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I posted this in the flared jeans threak but I think it warrants discussion in a less stupid thread.
    Fashion trends become big when clothing fads tap into the Zietgeist. At least among well educated, urbane people who like the symbolic value of clothing. Workwear was incredibly popular because of the "simplicity" "austerity" and "masculinity" inherent in the style, especially given the state of the economy. I think a post-recession climate will push towards a "stylish minimalism" thats less european and more "american" in aesthetic (I'm thinking about Apple aesthetics). Still austere, but understated and sophisticated in it's simplicity. Designers like Ervell and Sander, which are common here, will start seeing a greater popularity. Personally, I see the gap being in a perfect position to take advantage of this shift, if it can recognize the hallmarks of this neomodernist aesthetic (small collars, shrunken/cropped jackets, knits) and capitalize it ala Jcrew's boots-denim-flannel double-down. Fast Fashion, on the other hand, will discover margiela-esque cool and push tha in the same way it pushed Slimaine-ripoffs for the past couple years. Unless a plague breaks out, then post apocalyptic wear will become popular.
    Thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.