Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

From her sufu thread it looks like she does do a few custom orders. It wouldn't hurt to send pm. But yeah her knits are awesome though, I like a lot of the stuff she churns out.

sister suzie does custom stuff.

she made me a hat to my specs a couple years ago.

i was thinking of something like this:
    http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...34004&season=actual&gender=men&seasProdID=54I

would wear it over a blazer. theres a rick tunic on sale as well but its full body length almost[​IMG]

think the kva piece will make it to sale, looks like most ppl will find no use with it[​IMG]

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

So what's the actual word on sizing MMM gat lows? I've never actually resolved this but so many people own the damned things that it should be easy. I'm a 10 in Lanvin lows, where the old sole ones are a bit narrow, and the new ones are slightly loose at the heel in that size. I take a 44 in MMM side-zip boots (ie these: http://cgi.ebay.com/Maison-Martin-Ma...item27b964b133) which fit me snug but comfortably. I take a 44 in Rafstros.

Advice: do I stick with a 44 in the GAT's as my sig suggests, or size up to 45's?

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

I was just thinking about the workwear fashion convert thing the other day. Interesting to see how it will all shake out.

MCers not getting the point is kinda the point of MC.

Real.

talk.

4. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Agreed with slacktide and I have done that a few times now myself and they turn out great. I'm not skilled enough nor do I have the time to experiment on my own, but my tailor does mine with ease and charges me the same amount as a regular hem. I refuse to pay the same amount or similar for a pair of shorts as I do for a nice pair of pants, which is essentially the case (particularly for good quality higher end stuff) since most of the work is in the top block.

I used a few of my pre-SF day pants from Express and Gap that fit ill from the knee down and had them converted to shorts. I compared lengths with other pairs of shorts I own to get a good idea of the length I wanted them hemmed to, checked to see how wide they would be (in case there was too much flare action and I wanted them tapered) and had my tailor do the rest. They all came out great.

I look out for ultra clearance rack pants (Express, J. Crew, Gap, Mabitex from Daffy's, etc.), find the material I'm looking for and go from there. Couldn't be happier with how they turn out.

this is what I am going to do. take em to the tailor and have him do it. I bought the multiples of jil trousers when yoox marked down. now i'll have identical trousers, just one is obviously shorter.

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

So what's the actual word on sizing MMM gat lows? I've never actually resolved this but so many people own the damned things that it should be easy. I'm a 10 in Lanvin lows, where the old sole ones are a bit narrow, and the new ones are slightly loose at the heel in that size. I take a 44 in MMM side-zip boots (ie these: http://cgi.ebay.com/Maison-Martin-Ma...item27b964b133) which fit me snug but comfortably. I take a 44 in Rafstros.

Advice: do I stick with a 44 in the GAT's as my sig suggests, or size up to 45's?

having both a size of what i THOUGHT was fine and a size +1, i'd go +1. so 45 and speak of the devil, someone just posted a pair of painted white gats in 45.

7. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

IMO you should size up to 45.

I wear size 7 Lanvin lows, 42 MMM lows, 42 MMM side zips, 42 CP lows.

Size 42 MMM lows fit me snug but comfortably with thin socks, but they fit lil tight with thick winter socks. size 42 MMM side zips has enough room for thick socks, so the lows fit smaller than side zips.

8. APK

APK Senior member

Asking baller sneaker sizing questions is the new asking APC sizing questions.

9. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Asking baller sneaker sizing questions is the new asking APC sizing questions.
    it doesnt stop, ever. even with an excel sheet detailing nearly everything. by the way, can you tell me what size are size 9.5 sneakers

10. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

What's the difference between MMM GATs and real-life GATs?

11. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

it doesnt stop, ever. even with an excel sheet detailing nearly everything.

by the way, can you tell me what size are size 9.5 sneakers

they stretch so i suggest sizing down to 8.5 [​IMG]

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

What's the difference between MMM GATs and real-life GATs?

[​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

13. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

I admit, the tank is much cooler.

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

having both a size of what i THOUGHT was fine and a size +1, i'd go +1. so 45 and speak of the devil, someone just posted a pair of painted white gats in 45.
    Thus the question. He wants a bit too much for them though. Whatever, I sent an offer. Would be nice to check them off the sig.

15. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

it doesnt stop, ever. even with an excel sheet detailing nearly everything.

holy shit. did someone actually make that? [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.