1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Plus I've kop'd so much shit already this month I feel like getting anything more would just be spending money for the sake of it. Like I'd love those balmain biker jeans on sz but 800 bucks... yeesh.

hate to be a pooper, but save/invest if you've got a nice bonus.

now, i wish i could take my own advice

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Distinguished Member

ask for photo evidence of what's wrong with the item. i assume you have the photos still from your listing. this may shut him up, unless he purposely did it because he didn't like it or fit, etc.

even still, paypal WILL side with the buyer. happened to me and i'm out a lot more than that. exactly why i stopped ebaying and using that fucking service.

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Stylish Dinosaur

1) Set up a meeting between Teger and Lane.
    2) Hire a cameraman to film the confrontation.
    3) ??
    4) Profit!!

4. APK

APK Distinguished Member

ask for photo evidence of what's wrong with the item. i assume you have the photos still from your listing. this may shut him up, unless he purposely did it because he didn't like it or fit, etc.

even still, paypal WILL side with the buyer. happened to me and i'm out a lot more than that. exactly why i stopped ebaying and using that fucking service.

Yeah, pictures are still up there with the listing. If he can provide pictures of these alleged damages (whether they actually happened or he needs to cause them now as evidence), I'll gladly refund him the cost of the item. I just don't like the idea of getting conned like that. The likelihood of this thing literally falling apart after a couple of wears is absurd.

If he's a junior in high school as his Formspring suggests, he's not even legally allowed to be buying or selling anything on eBay.

5. slack tide

slack tide Distinguished Member

must now reveal hoodie brand! [​IMG]

6. APK

APK Distinguished Member

Zoo York. [​IMG]

A holdover from my Hypebeast days.

I denied the refund request in the PayPal claim and instead requested images of the damage. I await the "I don't have a camera" response. At that point, I'll probably just need to escalate it to a claim and let PayPal figure it out.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

^terrible

Sooooo I just got a $2k bonus on my paycheck, and I'm not sure why. What should I do with it? Other than cigars, scotch and hookers.

can't help you dag

8. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

I'd have no problem refunding him the money if he sent it back. Problem is, he's in Canada, so I can totally envision a scenario where he claims he sent it back and then I'm out both the money and the allegedly missing item.

I'd imagine PayPal would have him provide proof of the damaged item, but I've never had to go through this nonsense.

Fuckin' streetwear kids.

This is why I flat out refuse to deal with anyone in Canada. First they want to play games with the shipping costs, then they pull shit like this.

9. APK

APK Distinguished Member

Jet extinguishes his cigars on Zoo York hoodies.

10. APK

APK Distinguished Member

This is why I flat out refuse to deal with anyone in Canada. First they want to play games with the shipping costs, then they pull shit like this.

In fairness, I've dealt with more hassle about international shipping on the forums than I have in 10 years of eBay selling. Most international buyers I've dealt with over there are actually pleasant. Then again, most of them aren't shithead 17-year-old dipshits.

I almost want to let the 4chan folks handle this one.

11. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

I almost want to let the 4chan folks handle this one.

You could try, but I hear they are not your personal army.

I've said too much. [​IMG]

12. melonadejello

melonadejello Distinguished Member

Wait, so he broke the zipper and tore the hoodie after he got it? Then what's the problem....how would paypal expect you to be responsible for what he does to it after he gets it? Why would you be responsible for the quality of the product?

13. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Distinguished Member

Wait, so he broke the zipper and tore the hoodie after he got it? Then what's the problem....how would paypal expect you to be responsible for what he does to it after he gets it? Why would you be responsible for the quality of the product?
    there was an implied warranty and this falls under strict liability don't you have google?

14. APK

APK Distinguished Member

Who knows? As I said, I doubt any of these alleged damages are actually true, but you make a good point. I sell the item. I don't speak to the quality of the brand's construction.

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. I have little faith in PayPal to actually do anything logical, though.

15. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

I hate shipping international. You can't do first class because then people get ideas and rip you off, but then they complain about priority mail being too expensive. I only ship to Canada internationally unless I've dealt with the user in the past before, mostly because priority mail tracking to Canada is actually pretty good.

Once I was selling a shirt and some shoes for $75 and $170, respectively, and some dude had the nerve to say it was too expensive and his best offer was $150 for both items. Shipped to Canada.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.