Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane

Lane Senior member

Heres the deal lane. 1You are creating a hierarchy of brands based on your perception of what the brand represents. Sadly you don't know what these brands represent because all you spout is meaningless philosophical pseudo intellectual bullshit that is 90% marketing. Instead of making objective judgements to support your statements you resort to meaningless sweeping generalizations that reveal your ignorance of the subject matter. Also you are just personally irritating. You want to talk about motivation? Fine, but 2) when you tell me I can never dare understand the intricacy of your personal aesthetic I know you're full of shit. And while there's nothing wrong about wearing only one brand, 3there's an issue when someone who does it talks authoritatively about a lot of brands.

And the worst part is you're not even original. There's been fifty posters with the same unique perspective as you. You're just especially annoying.

1) show me where I did this

2) same

3) same

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I burned my Totino's pizza rolls reading this on-going argument.

I LOVE Totino's pizza rolls!!!!

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

Heres the deal lane. You are creating a hierarchy of brands based on your perception of what the brand represents. Sadly you don't know what these brands represent because all you spout is meaningless philosophical pseudo intellectual bullshit that is 90% marketing. Instead of making objective judgements to support your statements you resort to meaningless sweeping generalizations that reveal your ignorance of the subject matter. Also you are just personally irritating. You want to talk about motivation? Fine, but when you tell me I can never dare understand the intricacy of your personal aesthetic I know you're full of shit. And while there's nothing wrong about wearing only one brand, there's an issue when someone who does it talks authoritatively about a lot of brands.

And the worst part is you're not even original. There's been fifty posters with the same unique perspective as you. You're just especially annoying.

Forgot to add that the real reason you wear Julius is because you want attention

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

oh snap

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

1) show me where I did this

2) same

3) same

1) it's self evident from everything you post

2) same

3) same

6. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

i want a berny backpack

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These look pretty good. Who's the second one?

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

if you realized it was a hobby you would stop over intellectualizing it. clothing is clothing, end of story. yes everyone has different reasons for buying clothing or participating in sf and following fashion, but stop reading into everything so much. its annoying and it masquerades as real discussion (which it isn't). if you have serious questions go see a therapist

you started off with this post before I even said anything about my reasons for buying Julius. I pretty much said I buy clothes, before you said all this drivel.

1) it's self evident from everything you post

2) same

3) same

Also, nice kop out, lol

[​IMG]

Forgot to add that the real reason you wear Julius is because you want attention

in so purty it happens anyways

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Dude posting "give me examples" is essentially like Artisan Fran posting "evidence?" in response to everyone who disagrees with him in CE. I'm not picking sides or whatever but come on now.

9. the shah

These look pretty good. Who's the second one?

undercoverism

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

As I keep saying, on a phone. I'm sure someone else can quote the shit you talk on w+h et al.

Also as I said, you're unoriginal so what you're posting isn't surprising. If you'd been interested in clothing for more than a month you'd have seen this argument at out before. just retreat to sz already and save us from having to read your posts

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

no, all he would have to do is show me in my latest posts where I did any of that..

my comment about W+H was showing how people are more accepting if you buy the "approved" brands. I mean look at uncontrol, everytime he posts a fit he gets a bunch of tacky comments yet somehow wearing fucking boat shoes is stylish as fuck.

12. the shah

Dude posting "give me examples" is essentially like Artisan Fran posting "evidence?" in response to everyone who disagrees with him in CE. I'm not picking sides or whatever but come on now.

evidence ?

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

1 and 2

I can appreciate both...but it has to make sense. Like if someone is wearing BoO with RO leathers or sneaks I'm guessing your eyebrows would raise as well, no?

I dunno, RO just plain looks better with MORE RO. Same with Julius. They created something which warrants wearing the stuff head to toe. There is room for other names to come into play here, but its usually just a handful of other dark designers that wouldn't make it look dumb, imo. Plus, maybe people are creative, but they have such a tremendous love for a designer they are willing to cling to them. Don't get why you are always on this crusade about "creativity" when people are arranging outfits in the same manner. Its not like if you buy RO items you get a free guidebook inside the bag which tells you how to wear the stuff right.

3)
    If geller was truly moreso responsible for the "romantic prussian military influenced" style cloak had going on for it than I'm quite disgusted as well, by these recent collections. They are so unimaginative and awful.

Also, yah at face value W+H is the blandest stuff I've ever seen in my life.

14. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

undercoverism

Haha, that's what I thought. Almost everything I see from them, I love.

15. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

Didn't you get sent to time out for being a grumpy elitist or something? If not, my bad. I'll just go back to cooking the second batch of pizza rolls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.