Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sipang

sipang Senior member

kwoyeu, you're gonna crash SW&D !

2. Desi

Desi Senior member

I am still wondering why Lacoste did not show during NYFW. They always put on great shows.

3. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

kwoyeu, you're gonna crash SW&D !

lol i'm done for a while. i thought a thread like that can be useful esp. for noobs like me who may want to glance through a collection (i) to quicky identify a runway item, (ii) to get a quick impression of the brand's aesthetics and how it evolved over time, or simply (iii) to find style inspirations. GQ's interface is pretty bad for these purposes (you can't really glance through mid- or high-res pics (only tiny thumbnails) but have to do a lot of clicking around; not to mention lots of javascript slowing down the browser). The thread is best viewed with widescreen monitor though (makes 'glancing through' much easier)...

Will add more designers later on, and probably high-res photos from recent collections too like the ones in this thread.

like i said, get your money up.
    i don't see a payment interface though... maybe I should just masquerade as a 'fashion journalist' and sign-up (and then pay)?[​IMG]

4. sipang

sipang Senior member

That's a great idea but I wouldn't put too much pics and stuff in this one thread if its purpose is mainly introductory. Lots of those labels could use or already have an official thread where the high-res pics and full collections would probably be better posted. Would also help fostering discussions more than one gigantic overarching thread. Good work though.

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i have these seasons stored locally but stopped adding. xenox helped with >90% of this

6. Razele

Razele Senior member

Yeah, is he dead or something?

7. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

That's a great idea but I wouldn't put too much pics and stuff in this one thread if its purpose is mainly introductory. Lots of those labels could use or already have an official thread where the high-res pics and full collections would probably be better posted. Would also help fostering discussions more than one gigantic overarching thread. Good work though.

I *definitely* agree that the highest-res pics should be posted in the official-X threads (which is why I said 'probably'... mid-res + high-res is just too much [​IMG]) But there's simply no 'official Jil Sander' or 'official MMM' thread as far as I know... Perhaps I should post them in the official collection thread (e.g. official MMM Fall 2010)? And then place a link in this 'quick look-up' thread to the higher-res photos in those collection threads (this thread will only serve as a hub of sorts, a pointer to the collection threads where the pics can be discussed).

8. the shah

sufu/sz should already have these threads you link to or copy from

9. sipang

sipang Senior member

I'd rather have official threads personally, seasonal collection ones tend to die a pretty quick death.

10. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

What's the deal with ImageShack lately? I feel like all I'm seeing are frogs in ice cubes.

RFT: Late pass, but it seems like the douchey fedora managed to become the new trucker hat.

edit:

RFT #2: I'd like to see someone introduce a re-imagined leisure suit as mid-level streetwear. Slim it down (as in, maybe ditch the bell-bottoms), narrow the lapels, blend in some wool, and use textured, muted colors.

11. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

What's the deal with ImageShack lately? I feel like all I'm seeing are frogs in ice cubes.

Because styleforum has material that IS does not approve of... use Imgur in stead, all i need is a method to move all my old pictures too Imgur, if you happen to find a way let me know.

12. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

someone tell me why Lenin needed Trotsky for the consolidation of the Bolshevik revolution.

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i have these seasons stored locally but stopped adding. xenox helped with >90% of this

do you think there'd be a way to get these from you? i'd be very grateful

someone tell me why Lenin needed Trotsky for the consolidation of the Bolshevik revolution.

what?

14. the shah

ya i'll get around to uploading them so people can download
    got your message knisse will let you know when they're up

15. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

what?

loafting on my ten page history essay that's due tomorrow at 12. ten pages and I just chose the topic out of a list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.