1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I was just reading about a designer that started around early 1980s around when the Antwerp 6 were graduating. He claimed to be the first american designer in paris, before rick owens and blah blah started to come. He works in really limited quanitities (I think 500 pieces total each season, and 1 to 15 pieces per model) and collaborates especially with independent italian workshop type mills.

anybody know who i'm talking about? i forgot to bookmark and i can't find who it is i'm thinking of.

Geoffrey B. Small

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

its pretty easy to do it yourself
    I know. I don't have anything in terms of tools with me at the moment. Is an easy and quick enough fix i could probably call a bunch of nearby shops and say "i have all the parts, just need someone to install it quickly for $75-100". Someone will bite. I'd consider it if i had all my shit i left in florida.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Geoffrey B. Small

I think that Gary Drinkwater knows him. If you, or any other SF guys, are in Cambridge, you should visit Gary at his store just for the stories. Before opening his own store, he was a Louis during its heyday, and then at Stonestreets when it was a Cambridge institution (RIP), and he has met and known all sorts of people in the fashion community, and has interesting insights. Friendly guy too, and he has been a member of SF for a long time.

4. wallabeing

wallabeing Senior member

Robert, I understood indesertum's post perfectly without your grammar corrections. You're not clever or funny.

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I think that Gary Drinkwater knows him. If you, or any other SF guys, are in Cambridge, you should visit Gary at his store just for the stories. Before opening his own store, he was a Louis during its heyday, and then at Stonestreets when it was a Cambridge institution (RIP), and he has met and known all sorts of people in the fashion community, and has interesting insights. Friendly guy too, and he has been a member of SF for a long time.

I'm sure he knows him. Small was connected with the Boston tailored garment scene of which Louis is one of the epicenters.

6. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

7. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

uncontrol vs. ??? http://lookbook.nu/look/267021-The-S...oe-A-lost-shoe
    that dude owns and is chasing his dream and has more balls than any of the t-shirt-and-denim-every-day dudes here wanna hang with that dude

8. Nil

Nil Senior member

Damn, I was all set to pull the trigger on a pair of Alden AF88 but I was just informed it'd be like 6-7 months before they'd get more in stock in my size.

Any have any recommendations for a similar boot (brown, commando sole) I might scope out?

9. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

You're not clever or funny.

Seriously. I lurk sometimes and don't even post that often and dude is mad annoying.

10. jet

jet Senior member

that dude owns and is chasing his dream and has more balls than any of the t-shirt-and-denim-every-day dudes here

wanna hang with that dude

quoted for hilarity

11. robin

robin Senior member

Pictures of Blackbird's new shop:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. jet

jet Senior member

^too suburban

When did burgundy become a popular and widely accepted (on the internets) color all of a sudden?

13. robin

robin Senior member

When did burgundy become a popular and widely accepted (on the internets) color all of a sudden?
    lol wut. Show proof please.

14. Razele

Razele Senior member

RE: Blackbird

I can see the subtitle now

When Workwear Goes Bad : The Blackbird Story

Looks retarded.

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

that store could not possibly be trying any harder

16. Razele

Razele Senior member

that store could not possibly be trying any harder
    No they need a guy dressed a lumberjack chewing dip walking around with a knife They are going to have to redo that store in like 18 months easy

17. robbie

robbie Senior member

18. robbie

robbie Senior member

[​IMG]

i saw this coat in a newer version of brittish GQ, but it was in red and it looked more woolen than nylon-y.

anyhow i want one.

19. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

No they need a guy dressed a lumberjack chewing dip walking around with a knife They are going to have to redo that store in like 18 months easy
    I really dislike the direction they're going now. They've completely jumped on the workwear bandwagon. The amount of stuff I actually like there now is about the amount of womenswear they used to have a year or two ago

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.