Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Which of your boots you looking to have this done to?

Make sure your cobber uses Riri and not some cheap ass YKK shit. [​IMG]

My bag has riri zippers and I don't find them that great. Sturdy feeling but not smooth, I prefer a lot of YKK.

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

I like both...but prefer riri on boots. YKK on hoodys is great.

3. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Fashion news of the day. John Galliano gets fired from Dior. He supposedly made anti-semetic remarks at a bar he hangs out at in Paris. It wouldn't surprise me if he was taken out of context or joking but apparently there is video of it.

Of course everyone jumps to conclusions regarding Natalie Portman wearing Rodarte at the Oscars instead of Dior who she recently signed a deal with for Miss Dior Cherie perfume.

Personally I think Galiano sucks but it's all pretty amusing. Dior has been kind of sucking for a while now. It doesn't help that it's only being sold in boutiques now either.

4. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I watched the video, definitely doesn't seem to be out of context. What a strange story.

5. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

Fashion news of the day. John Galliano gets fired from Dior. He supposedly made anti-semetic remarks at a bar he hangs out at in Paris. It wouldn't surprise me if he was taken out of context or joking but apparently there is video of it.

IIRC this isnt the first time he has been accused of making anti Semitic remarks at the same bar.

6. snake

snake Senior member

Which of your boots you looking to have this done to?

Make sure your cobber uses Riri and not some cheap ass YKK shit. [​IMG]

I was going to try it with my beater pair of 7 hole boots, similar to my DBSS boots. Not sure my cobbler would be willing to do it though.

7. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I really haven't missed much, huh?

8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I really haven't been missed much, huh?

9. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

Speaking of British designers who headed up French couture houses, there was a very good Alexander McQueen documentary on the other night.

I doubt you can watch it on demand in the States but it's bound to be available to download somewhere -

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/mcqueen-and-i/4od

10. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

IIRC this isnt the first time he has been accused of making anti Semitic remarks at the same bar.
    The irony of the situation is that Hitler would have killed him for being gay. Heil Hitler, indeed

11. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Without wanting to sound like one of those handcrafted, years of experience, bench made Jizfests that get posted on YouTube by everyone these days, everything Mr. Hare is sourced in the Tuscan hills by Italians. Not wishing to sound racist but Italians have a pride level which most other races lack. The things they make are an extension and 3D manifestation of that national pride. They don’t massage the cows or play classical music to them to make the leather better. No. What happens is that when the skins get to the tannery, the people who work there won’t let those skins out the door until they are better than skins from anywhere else in the world. It’s all about reputation. It costs more, but it is better. Our main tannery this season is called Conceria 800 who pride themselves on making the finest vegetable tanned skins available.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] gonna have to cop that last pair, at least pending seeing them at other angles edit: would have posted this is shoes/boots but thought that quote was pretty funny and decided to throw in the pics with it

12. phreak

phreak Senior member

I broke my jeans last night, fuck

13. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

approximately 5 styles of mmm gats hit TBS just now..

14. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

I broke my jeans last night, fuck

lolwut

15. max_r

max_r Senior member

My bag has riri zippers and I don't find them that great. Sturdy feeling but not smooth, I prefer a lot of YKK.

i noticed this on a pair of boots i have, feel nice and sturdy, but i was surprised how not smooth they are, given how everyone was talking about them in the old TOJ thread a while back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.