• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
had to drop $2600 yesterday on my 3 series
front brake pads, front rotors, back brake pads, oil change, air filter change, intake change, 4 tires, alignment, oil change, etc

You ladies need to get your hands dirty or atleast find an independent BMW shop and buy the parts yourself from places like autohausaz, bimmerworld, pelican parts etc. You'd have spent a fraction of that. All those things are easy to do with a buddy minus the alignment. Alignment on a 3er from a good shop runs under 200 bucks here in sofla. Parts for non M 3er are fairly cheap provided you know where to shop. I could do all that same work with a buddy for a few hundred bucks. 2600 is rediculous.....

Arms_Akimbo

Reaction score
Thanking everyone for being patient with me. I was just getting into style when I found the forum and I know I have bad fits and maybe too much enthusiasm. I'm really looking up to people like Stazy and wmmk who have developed an amazing sense of style after coming here with next to nothing.

I'm trying to rein it back by reading more/posting less and shopping more/spending less. I want to be a good contributor with worthwhile things to say but I'm realizing that I really don't have anywhere to speak from right now so I should probably shut up most of the time. I don't want to be the SWD Moo.

-Johnny

[/cheez]

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
^ thanks Geste. I'm probably buying the burgundy peacoat buuuut, it's always nice to see what options are out there.

I tell you about my burgundy raf jacket? I know I know I'm tryin to floss again.

You guys are getting raped by the stealers.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^i'm trying to get to that level but I am very happy with how much i am able to purchase at this time in my life.

are you sure you are talking about the right team?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
dealer = stealer

no footballs involved

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Contingency Plan
Jkissi looks 10 times better in H&M and Uniqlo than 99% of the posters here look in clothes costing 10 times as much.
worship.gif

Originally Posted by Nil
Good looking guy + good photography > not good looking guy + poor photography.

Much of SF falls into the latter category.

This is good to keep in mind. Saves me money, but it's hard to express the logic why.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
glad to help kelvin it's a good gateway you'll never buy jcrew again

i only own one jcrew button-down!! ahha. And you're right i'm just going to cop the other thang once I find it

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
I could have purchased so much fire with the money I'm wasting on car repairs today
frown.gif

i spent 700 dollars to have a door fixed on a car i'd hoped to ditch no later than November.

i test drove a jetta, and have hated my car ever since.

also, i could buy the shoes, camera equipment, and film I want and still have money left over if this cash hadn't had to go towards my car.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
constant,

that's more than my car is worth.

having a low level luxury car is not worth it, the expenses are ****!

im going on the cheap next car

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely going with an independent shop next time. I do like driving loaners though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads