Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

again with the washing business.

go do an observational study on this shit like that university of BC nigga.

Hey, man, I was just replying to your, you know, reply. My shit doesn't blow out. Do what you feel.

2. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

Too bad your bballs are 43 synth, if not I'd take them off you.

And Imageshack's fucked up.

3. chroMe

chroMe Senior member

[​IMG]
    what patrick wolf is wearing for trews

4. sipang

sipang Senior member

Frontpage has a new interview with John Skelton, creative director of LN-CC, up on the Front Page. LN-CC is showcasing / selling an archive of Raf Simons pieces in London today.

This is really great, thanks. I always forget to check that subforum and that's a shame.

Is LN-CC some kind of affiliate now or is the banner just a temporary thing ?

On the subject of LN-CC,

Has anyone gone into their womenswear section and looked at that Tze Goh stuff? It's like space-age foam or something covered in jersey. Looks and sounds crazy.

I want more mens foam stuff.

So, who's buying from the Raf sale ?

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

changed my sig.... scroll to 1:25 for beast mode

Not that everything they did was unquestionably awesome, but...they were so effin' awesome. I feel like there's a good amount of later-period Talking Heads in some of the new Cut Copy album (although their soon-to-be breakout hit is pure Beach Boys).

i love the mupets

And yeah, this too.

6. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Hey, man, I was just replying to your, you know, reply. My shit doesn't blow out. Do what you feel.
    yeah and i'm saying that doesn't mean much. you're coming wit all this anecdotal shit u heard from here there wherever everywhere and giving people advice like it's science "my shit doesn't blow out" maybe not your crotch but definitely your mouth.

7. ramp

ramp Senior member

Feeling uninspired by my current wardrobe.
    Can't find things that work with my current style in my size that I can afford.

Do I...
    1) build slowly.
    2) develop a different style that works with cheaper/easier to find items?

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

sucks that you are a size 3, I already have enough trouble trying to buy used size 2 stuff on yahoo auction/mbok.jp.

I'd say if Julius no longer is an option I would just buy more rick. I realize rick is definitely different aesthetic wise, but I can live with either. I've actually thought about how long I will be staying at 145 lbs cuz I'm buying lots of expensive shit myself, and don't want it to not fit me one day...

so you only own 3 julius longsleeves? wow

hmm, I'd say build slowly. You're buying from a niche brand which is far superior to most clothes out there. So obviously its going to be an expensive endeavor, but you'd probably feel better slowly getting there then amassing low level junk.

I currently own:

1 pair of julius denim, 1 RO dropcrotch sweats, DRKSHDW waxed grosgrains (might sell also) and ive been selling all my DRKSHDW denim as they no longer fit my aesthetic. I feel better owning less cuz I appreciate each item more. Dunno seems like you're just anxious for more, which I can definitely relate to. Just stick with it!

9. APK

APK Senior member

Feeling uninspired by my current wardrobe.
    Can't find things that work with my current style in my size that I can afford.

Do I...
    1) build slowly.
    2) develop a different style that works with cheaper/easier to find items?

Build slowly. Goth ninja shit is tougher since it's not as easy to blend in cheaper items without the look being off-kilter. But even then, can't you fill in some of those holes with stuff from All Saints on deep discount?

I'm not really interested in wearing a lot of the stuff I liked a year ago, so the assembly of a wardrobe I'm happy with is happening at a glacial pace. In retrospect, though, I'd rely more on buying the stuff I REALLY wanted (assuming it wouldn't break me) instead of slowly pissing away fragments of my bank account on impulse stuff.

I've pretty much thrown in the towel on buying anything that I don't REALLY want. It means I rarely buy stuff now, but at least when I do, I'm genuinely happy with what I got.

10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

But even then, can't you fill in some of those holes with stuff from All Saints on deep discount?
    no...wtf I've been actually slowly phasing out my all saints stuff. Only the leather jackets and some of the knits have some "inspiration" thats similar. I wouldn't say its viable at all.

12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Your bball high fits were all so damn good though.

If that's at me, thanks!

no...wtf

sure! I have to raggedy ass all-saints things that i still wear 2 years in. I dunno. Like, instead of buying alternative apparel you can buy sheer, ripped things from AS.

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

I have some allsaints double layers, and they are just awful...once I bought rick ones I felt like tossing them out. Maybe its cuz the allsaints stuff I bought doesn't fit at all with the Julius I buy now, but I can't imagine most of it looking well with Julius. Plus, I know this is blasphemous here, but I feel dirty wearing them together.

Also, ramp starting small is key. I noticed in one of your fitpics you had quite a pricey jacket on. Maybe focus on getting basics first.

14. APK

APK Senior member

no...wtf

I've been actually slowly phasing out my all saints stuff. Only the leather jackets and some of the knits have some "inspiration" thats similar. I wouldn't say its viable at all.

I swear you posted not too long ago about how you had assembled pretty much your entire current wardrobe through AS on deep discount.

15. Lane

Lane Senior member

I swear you posted not too long ago about how you had assembled pretty much your entire current wardrobe through AS on deep discount.
    yup, and that was around when I first joined this site. I didn't even know wtf julius/RO was then. Now I'm slowly phasing it out. My only point is AS isn't complimentary to Julius at least in my eyes. I don't even think RO is in most cases.
    In the last 6 months?
    around when I joined I was buying garbage from ASOS, and then I thought allsaints was the mecca of fashion. So, I bought a ton of that during the summer sale which was like 70% $30 a shirt, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.