Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

cool or no? I thought of you Uncontrol (for real)

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/08/le...n_backpack.php
    [​IMG]

PS - thanks for the feedback/ideas about aesthetic direction guys. I was hoping for more conversation about the topic but I'll take what was there. My general learning outcome is to find a few brands that show the styles I'm thinking of, try out a few things / mix it up and slowly work my way towards something. and yes, my everyday stuff as well as the 'looks' i'm thinking of are fairly pedestrian. I'm not looking for the extremes, just some general idea of where to focus.

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

cool or no? I thought of you Uncontrol (for real)
    http://www.geekologie.com/2007/08/le...n_backpack.php [​IMG]

Only for LARP-ing.
    PS - thanks for the feedback/ideas about aesthetic direction guys. I was hoping for more conversation about the topic but I'll take what was there. My general learning outcome is to find a few brands that show the styles I'm thinking of, try out a few things / mix it up and slowly work my way towards something. and yes, my everyday stuff as well as the 'looks' i'm thinking of are fairly pedestrian. I'm not looking for the extremes, just some general idea of where to focus.
    I think I'm more or less in the same boat, albeit at a more noob-ish place. I kind of think the forum has done more to help me avoid or eliminate mistakes - e.g., passants on everything, overly long odd jackets worn with jeans, &c. - than to give me any motivation or direction. Mostly I think I'm too lazy and/or think I waste too much time here already to seek out external sources of inspiration. I should probably just start following Urban Aesthetics, but find a way to integrate New Balances.

3. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

I finally accepted I don't have the patience or threshold for discomfort necessary to reap the perks of raw denim.

i go back and forth on this all the time but it's still basically all ive worn for the past 3-4 yrs
    my biggest issue is that ive never gotten to sick fadez status without a crotch explosion
    fucking sucks, i dont know how people do it

4. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Disguises the chub.
    no i'm pretty sure it's part of a gay subculture called "bears"

but yea, "you all did this." you demanded it so the companies supplied it. regular fucks don't even notice, they only buy shit from outlets and malls anyway, so the companies cater to the guys waving cash yelling bids out for junyas like a pit market.

5. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

i go back and forth on this all the time but it's still basically all ive worn for the past 3-4 yrs my biggest issue is that ive never gotten to sick fadez status without a crotch explosion fucking sucks, i dont know how people do it
    in my lifetime i have had 4 pairs of raw denims. 2 pairs were apcs. i bought these 5 years ago. the crotch exploded after about 6 months of weawr on both. i had a pair of pbj, crotch was about to explode after 2 months. i have a pair of onis that i havent worn in nearly 4 years, crotch was starting to go on those when i stopped wearing them (after maybe 3 months). essentially i went through 4 crotches in 1 year.

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

What's so bad about crotch rips? You just repair them and soldier on...

7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

One of my APCs just had a crotch blowout after 6 months, but that was accelerated by a bolt on my bike seat cutting into them

I have another 6 month old pair that's fine, been wearing them 3-4 times a week, haven't washed them yet

8. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

One of the few eighties bands that don't sound horribly dated.
    changed my sig.... scroll to 1:25 for beast mode
    I'll see you and raise you:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

9. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

in my lifetime i have had 4 pairs of raw denims. 2 pairs were apcs. i bought these 5 years ago. the crotch exploded after about 6 months of weawr on both. i had a pair of pbj, crotch was about to explode after 2 months. i have a pair of onis that i havent worn in nearly 4 years, crotch was starting to go on those when i stopped wearing them (after maybe 3 months).

essentially i went through 4 crotches in 1 year.

sounds like there is a problem with either:
    A) the way you size your jeans
    or
    B) the activities you do in your jeans

ive got 2 pairs of nudie jeans i wear constantly and only after about 2 years did the crotch on one finally blow out. Then I just sent it to denimtherapy and continued wearing it like nothing had happened.

10. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Also, Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter (which I probably wouldn't recommend watching sober, or maybe at all) is available on demand, as are a bunch of the Kirasawa/Mifune flicks.

Pretty sure this should be required viewing, actually.

11. robin

robin Senior member

12. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

You guys need to soak your jeans more often. A soak every 6 months or so will go a long way to keeping from blowing out, and frankly is not nearly the fade-killing bogeyman that a lot of people treat it as.

13. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

One of the few eighties bands that don't sound horribly dated.

I'll see you and raise you:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

i love the mupets

14. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

You guys need to soak your jeans more often. A soak every 6 months or so will go a long way to keeping from blowing out, and frankly is not nearly the fade-killing bogeyman that a lot of people treat it as.

Or actually wash them. I have several pairs of LVC that ive worn on and off for 4-5 years and washed regularly. Not a hint of crotch blow outs or anything else like that.

15. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Yeah and wash them as well. My Iron Hearts are faded to perfection and I wash them on the regular. Cold, maybe use Woolite, line dry if you can. Keeps the funk from rotting out your crotch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.