Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nil

Nil Senior member

Has anyone ever dyed a pair of leather shoes? How well does it work? I ask because I found a pair of brown boots for cheap that I'd like to dye black.

2. APK

APK Senior member

I finally accepted I don't have the patience or threshold for discomfort necessary to reap the perks of raw denim.

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Has anyone ever dyed a pair of leather shoes? How well does it work? I ask because I found a pair of brown boots for cheap that I'd like to dye black.

can you melt tires and dip boots in there ? rubber-dipped ccp style

4. Nil

Nil Senior member

can you melt tires and dip boots in there ? rubber-dipped ccp style
    I suppose I do have the ability to melt rubber but I'm not so sure I'm comfortable with wearing boots that look cum glazed.

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I finally accepted I don't have the patience or threshold for discomfort necessary to reap the perks of raw denim.
    The main perk of raw denim for me is wearing raw denim. Then again, I've also developed the opinion that if it's uncomfortable for more than a couple of days, it's sized down too far. Aesthetic direction conversation was interesting (especially compared to the couple of pages about whether or not you should just wear 100% Rick). If I have an aesthetic direction, it would probably be "gay urban cowboy", though it usually ends up being whatever you'd call concert t-shirts, hi-tops, and skinny jeans. Also, Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter (which I probably wouldn't recommend watching sober, or maybe at all) is available on demand, as are a bunch of the Kirasawa/Mifune flicks.

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I suppose I do have the ability to melt rubber but I'm not so sure I'm comfortable with wearing boots that look cum glazed.
    well then there are options for object-dying, i think kunk got some jacket colored that way. but that being said, if they were cheap i think it would make for fun experimenting

7. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

changed my sig.... scroll to 1:25 for beast mode

8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

9. DLester

DLester Senior member

what stores do you go to? the slim fit shit really took over
    It seems like that, but really only about 2% of the population seems to wear slim fit clothes. Fat fit will always be "in style" for everyone else.
    New Balance
    smashing choice of footwear I will ask my mom if she has an old pair she can give me.

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

http://urbanaesthetics.tumblr.com/po...-brown-leather [​IMG] Navy Turtleneck, Olive Chinos, Brown Leather Clarks. Easy. A lot of my best outfits are the simpler ones. I’m a man who loves mixing Patterns, Textures, Accessories and Colors, but when time calls to stay cool and not be so “loud”, please know what your doing. This was a simple family reunion, where it’s time to show off how much I matured as a man, future projects and just enjoy the time that we have with each other in our life’s… *Pick a calm, masculine color that’s generally pleasing to the eyes: Navy. It’s a true go-to color when you need to dress up and impress. Also because of it’s versatility. Personally can’t wear Navy without Brown. *Know where your getting dressed up to. I’ve noticed more and more that pants/trousers are way more comfortable then denim. Not saying you can’t dress your jeans up but classic chinos will, more times then likely, be a better option… *Start a shoe collection. Men care about there shoes/boots too, but know how to start one. Shoes: Black Oxfords, Brown Wingtips, Loafers, Bucks, Classic Sneakers. As for boots: A Dress Boot, Chelsea Boot, Desert Boot and a Chukka Boot. It is then where you can buy as many f*cking shoes as you want! http://urbanaesthetics.tumblr.com/po...rent-hood-as-i [​IMG] Hoodie Etiquette Hoodies aren’t “Hood” as I previously said. It’s all based on your attitude. It’s a current stereotype, where Men wearing Hoodies are automatically labeled Thugs or Rebels. But it’s untrue, and in fact acts as your communicator. I have never seen a man/woman wear a Hoodie and failed to identify a basic understanding of their current feelings and/or attitudes. Think about it… Just where yours along the middle of your head and it’s perfect. Do I suggest to completely wear it where people can barely see your face? Not really, but it’s whatever appeals to your personal aesthetic. Remember image is everything…

11. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

New Balance
    [​IMG] From Mister Mort

"The #1 choice of pedophiles since 1982 -- don't let the next one get away!"

12. max_r

max_r Senior member

i tried with some old beige shoes from the 80's i got from my dad, dyed them black.

stripped the finish with acetate (this was kind of a bitch to do) and then dyed with some kiwi leather dye. worked well, but didn't look as good as shoes that are originally black, because the dye didn't penetrate very far into the leather, so if they get scratched the original color shows though.

theres a thread in MC somewhere about dying shoes.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

because the dye didn't penetrate very far into the leather, so if they get scratched the original color shows though.
    Which in the right context would actually be a pretty cool effect. The OG NiCo boots (the ones I have) do the same this.

14. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

changed my sig.... scroll to 1:25 for beast mode

such good energy in this whole show

15. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

New Balance

[​IMG]

From Mister Mort

New Balance sale on Gilt MAN today!!1!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.