Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

if this is true i'm making you royal vizier of synthesistan.
    It's totally true, I was eating sushi earlier and got a blistering headache via an overdose of wasabi (it collects at the bottom of your ramikin if you're not careful). I'm now on my third glass of whiskey and feelin' fine.

Wait this might mean I'm an alcoholic

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

well, i'm still nursing a malbec but after that it's off to the ardbeg...

3. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

It's totally true, I was eating sushi earlier and got a blistering headache via an overdose of wasabi (it collects at the bottom of your ramikin if you're not careful). I'm now on my third glass of whiskey and feelin' fine.

Wait this might mean I'm an alcoholic

I envy you people. Scotch and bourbon both tend to give me a headache unless I'm really careful about water. No chance of pain relief.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I am actually trying something called "Phillips Union" which is a blend of Canadian rye and bourbon. It has some vanilla to it, and is extremely smooth and approachable. Surprisingly, not at all complex. Go figure. I would've thought mixing rye and bourbon would make for something pretty screwy and weird, bought it more for the "what if" novelty than anything else. Not much to it in the end, but if someone wasn't a bit whiskey drinker this would serve as a pretty solid gateway.

5. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

jams: 'norkuy' by com truise from the cyanide sisters ep. needs headphones

GN - I don't understand your question...? I don't really think there's anything to get dude. Go look at the clothes man, you live in NYC.

6. APK

APK Senior member

I was looking at the picture-only edition of WAYWT today and man, shit is baaad. I forgot that's basically where the newbies go to post their stuff, while the vets mostly lay their hand in the discussion version.

But speaking of digging through that thread, ARW, how did those Filippa K boots fit? Those things are purrrtty.

7. toothsomesound

Yeah they were sick but were pretty big for me and didn't quite work with my wardrobe at the time...my closet has evolved a bit since I sold them but even now they'd be tough to pull off IMO. Beautiful boots though. I think they were a 10.5 and were close to being true to size (maybe running slightly large.wide?) I'm not sure, I sold them to grouper and I think he said they were pretty much spot on. Ask him about them.

8. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

Anyone have a sub $100(maybe b&s) wool pant recommendation?

9. toothsomesound

What kind of wool pants? Uniqlo is usually a good place to start...I have an awesome pair of tweed wool Filippa K pants (from fw 08 got on clearance for like 60 bucks, retailed for somewhere between 2-300) that I wear all the time, their one of my favorite pieces.

10. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

Something nice looking but still to be worn casually, and slim

11. Meis

Meis Senior member

Anyone have a sub $100(maybe b&s) wool pant recommendation?

For non-B&S... Club Monaco is pretty decent. I have some heavy wool tweed pants I got there earlier this winter that I wear alot. Though I find I always have to size down from a 30-28 (at least on the dress pants, jeans seem to fit TTS).

12. toothsomesound

Yeah the fabric on CM pants seems alright sometime though the cuts were always way too full/straight back when I would care enough to check that stuff out...then again that was more than a year ago, maybe they've hopped on the slim cut train since then.

Also. The Fishtail arrived at JFK on Saturday. Hope it arrives in time...and the ridiculously nice MD weather gets colder....lol

13. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

Cool thanks, I'll check out CM when I get some time/money, hopefully they have some on sale for cheap
    Can always invest in some tailoring

14. Meis

Meis Senior member

Yeah the fabric on CM pants seems alright sometime though the cuts were always way too full/straight back when I would care enough to check that stuff out...then again that was more than a year ago, maybe they've hopped on the slim cut train since then. Also. The Fishtail arrived at JFK on Saturday. Hope it arrives in time...and the ridiculously nice MD weather gets colder....lol
    Yeah, that's what I had always found in the past. Seems like they've slimmed them up some lately. That said the wool pants I have fit loose when I tried on my normal size, but equally loose all over, so when I sized down they fit slim without any part fitting awkwardly. The pants for the suit I got there right after new years were the same way.

15. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

To add to the list of brands mentioned by rappers (Lupe, JayZ, etc), I just heard an SNS Herning shout out by Das Racist. *blink*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.