Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nil

Nil Senior member

she just wants to go to the gap, and I...I just can't. I'm sorry. I would rather go to an american apparel inside of an urban outfitters. I would rather go to jcrew. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Even when I didn't know anything about clothing, I still recognized the fact that Gap was utter shit. But hell, what do I know, this girl I'm talking to seemed to think putting me onto the men's section of Forever 21 was doing me a favor. Declining the offer in a polite way was hard to do.

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

Had to get myself out of Jack Straw today before I could do some damage to my credit card, there was so much Junya and Dries that I wanted to buy. Great seasons for both.
    JS started carrying Junya? I asked about that last year and got the sense it was not going to happen. I will have to check it out.

3. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

are you guys that clueless? maybe she doesn't feel comfortable in expensive clothes or doesnt want you to buy that for her because she aint ready to accept a gift like that. possibly doesnt give a shit about fashion.

i think i'm pretty inept about women and people in general but i would still think twice about trying to "change a bitch."

4. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

[​IMG] What the hell happened to progressive times? Your beezy can pay for her own jawnz.
    yea what happened to them shits? bring in obama then wont let him change nothin.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Topic unrelated: I am getting really frustrated with the extent to which Julius pants / jeans are only findable in sizes 1-2. I cannot reasonably fit into something with 10.5" thighs, I'm sorry Japanese people, but it just isn't going to happen.

6. cmsmith

cmsmith Senior member

[​IMG]

What the hell happened to progressive times? Your beezy can pay for her own jawnz.

She does, that was more in reference to shopping for her (xmas/bdays etc) as now that her clothing taste is more refined I end up spending more. Sorry, worded the first post poorly.

7. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

if martin margiela is really concerned with his privacy or whatever and feels like shit should speak for itself, product of collaboration blah blah blah (per nyt article) then why does he call the brand maison martin margiela? why not call it "maison bunch of dudes."

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I have a couple of rick tees that I bought 3 years ago and almost bought a blistered lamb before.

I didn't think anyone really took kunk's comments seriously did they? Some people who aren't drones like to create their own aesthetic instead of being a runway mimic. I don't think I've ever seen one dude dressed in one brand and thought wow that dude is stylin hard or my god how creative. You basically just purchased your aesthetic. I can understand how it's hard to break out of that mold when you're constantly on sf or in soho where everyone is a caricature but I've seen seriously stylish dudes on the streets of LA who don't really give a fuck.

Kent I probably won't be in LA until monday but I have a commitment that day sorry brosef.

I agree that guys in LA do casual better than New Yorkers, by far, mainly because LA is actually far more chill than NYC. However, I disagree that they don't give a fuck. If they look really good, I'll bet you good money that they give a fuck.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

if martin margiela is really concerned with his privacy or whatever and feels like shit should speak for itself, product of collaboration blah blah blah (per nyt article) then why does he call the brand maison martin margiela? why not call it "maison bunch of dudes."

"Maison Martin Margiela" was made up by the marketing team at the Diesel group. Pre-Diesel, pre-own brand stores, pre-PR drive (check out how much editorial there was on Margiela pre 2002, and then post 2002). Anyway, the point is moot. Now it really is "Maison bunch of dudes."

10. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

that makes a lot of sense. i was a 12 year old skate rat in 2002, forgive my ignorance.

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

"Maison Martin Margiela" was made up by the marketing team at the Diesel group. Pre-Diesel, pre-own brand stores, pre-PR drive (check out how much editorial there was on Margiela pre 2002, and then post 2002). Anyway, the point is moot. Now it really is "Maison bunch of dudes."

what was it called before?

12. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

are you guys that clueless? maybe she doesn't feel comfortable in expensive clothes or doesnt want you to buy that for her because she aint ready to accept a gift like that. possibly doesnt give a shit about fashion. i think i'm pretty inept about women and people in general but i would still think twice about trying to "change a bitch."
    +10000 My girlfriend isn't really into designer stuff, why should I care though? If anything it saves me money

13. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

I've come to terms with the gf preferring cheap "cutesy" things from yesstyle over the balenciaga riders jacket I tried to get her to wear.
    mine has that, but doesnt wear it. [​IMG]

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

Some of you seem to be care too much about this? I enjoyed parts of the discussion and maybe I'm biased but I can't see why you would pass judgement on other people wearing just one designer, or several for that matter. Not that we dress for anyone else (right??) but this is not even about whether it looks good or not, just the brand list. I mean I certainly wouldn't rag on anyone mixing brands (which I do myself sometimes) but I can't see how it's in any way inherently "worse" to wear the same designer all the time (which I also do, to some extent) instead of mixing it up. Wear what you're comfortable with and what looks good to you. I dunno, maybe it's just me not caring if some stranger doesn't think i'm "creative" or "stylish" for wearing some brand head-to-toe.
    this is how I feel. Really could care less since im dressing for more than internet acceptance. Also, I dunno why everyone considers any type of discussion a flame war on here. Dunno if it actually was...but I found it interesting.

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.