Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I'd be down with video, I've yet to even try the recording feature on my camera.

there's a firmware hack for the gf1 to crank it up to 1080 hd recording

2. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Is this some weird alternate dimension where everyone has turned into Xenox?

3. snake

snake Senior member

there's a firmware hack for the gf1 to crank it up to 1080 hd recording

I've heard about that. Do you have a gf1 or have done this? I may do some reading on it and give it a shot.

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I've heard about that. Do you have a gf1 or have done this? I may do some reading on it and give it a shot.

i won one on ebay but then the guy refunded me and tried to report me as a scammer [​IMG]
    i had no idea what happened, but then i ended up not caring after i read the product review and found out the versions he was selling had all the menus in mandarin ... but in the meanwhile i had been reading up on firmware update etc seems pretty straightforward

5. Lel

Lel Senior member

Single designer head-to-toe fit contest would be fun to see, but probably wouldn't attract many entries.

Would be fun, rules might have to be a little flexible (shoes maybe, hmm), but I'd like to see this thought experiment actually played.

6. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

so who has the authority to determine the theme of the contest? let's make it happen

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

I don't think I'm up to WAYWT's standards (hence the lack of fits), and the Mister Mort thing was actually a joke (you're not that dumb are you?) but I do think I've made some minor improvements.

I find clothes interesting and am trying to find my aesthetic, but more importantly find the board relatively entertaining. Plus w/all my hobbies and other priorities I've kind of put building a wardrobe + essentially seeking SW&D respect or approval or w/e on the back burner. I realize SW&D is more of a serious matter for you, and that's fine... but your continual attempts to egg me on along w/ur general plebe trolling shows your insecurities. That you wear the quotes in your sig as badges of honor say it all. And yes I'm sure this will ensue in a SW&D brotherhood dogpile but w/e.

The irony in two of your points is immeasurable, what was that quote about irony raping itself and giving birth to this? Anyway I can understand how you would be confused thinking it's a serious matter to me when I excel in everything I do (and you conversely failing) but you really did miss my point. I enjoy your lulz worthy posts and I'm curious to know what other hobbies these are of yours that you deem more important while proclaiming so on this board. I had a good laugh at the car tuning is my passion bit you posted before too btw. Like you know shit about modding cars dawggy dawg.

8. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

Confidential to everyone:

If you actually write out the phrase 'Engineered Garments' in your FS thread, I am a lot more likely to buy it, because I will actually be able to search for it.

PS: Sell more EG shit

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

What is with all these garbage noob special flower threads today.

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

so who has the authority to determine the theme of the contest? let's make it happen
    Aeglus won the last time out. PP has made the contests in the past. Jet probably won't participate and so would be objective. Any of them would be fine... but it doesn't really matter. I'll try to get something up no matter who makes it. I don't think I could do head to toe 1 designer at this point. I could do an all Alexander McQueen fit in the summertime but in winter, the shoes would be my downfall. I could do almost all MMM (have shoes, jeans, outerwear but no shirts or knits), almost all Nice Collective (boots, trou, jacket, but no tops, and it wouldn't look good), almost all Wings + Horns (everything but shoes), almost all Geller (again no shoes), almost all Ervell (same thing again). From that self-eval it seems to me that doing all 1 designer like this would just result in a lot of bad fits.

11. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

^ I think snake won, actually; and, *ahem*, I also believe that aeglus was relegated to 3rd place behind yours truly. Unless you're talking about the MC contests, in which case I was under the impression that aeglus won every single time.

I think it'd be nice to have one that a bunch of people could "compete" in - it's kind of lame to do it based on a color, but that's the sort of tame requirement that I'm thinking of here. Best out-of-season fit or something could be fun, but that might just be because I've got spring on the brain (best in-season would work too).

12. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Best chino fit in honor of chinoguy.

13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Best chino fit in honor of chinoguy.
    How about we just do "best aeglus fit" and take pictures of ourselves walking away from explosions? I am unironically all for this. edit: ooh, or maybe just best "post-as-another-poster" fit. wouldn't that just be precious???

14. snake

snake Senior member

^haha that would be a riot

What would be cool too is we did a 'photoshop yourself into an environment' theme (e.g. aeglus' recent fit as the joker with the explosion behind him). I imagine we have some creative minds on this board.

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

edit: ooh, or maybe just best "post-as-another-poster" fit. wouldn't that just be precious???

this is so good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.