Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

please don't use that audio

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

egg

fuck i hate this talentless vapid waste of space

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

IT'S A QUARTER AFTER ONE, I'm a little drunk and I need you now!!!!!!11111

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Dre looks about 60.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

fuck i hate this talentless vapid waste of space
    Lady Gaga? She's a totally fabricated caricature for marketing purposes and I can't say much for her writing ability but I don't think she's talentless.

6. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

You think so? Have you ever seen what her concerts look like? No way that shit is cooked up by scheming music corporation goons (do these even still exist? must have extremely limited imagination). also her music videos. dude.

7. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me.

8. APK

APK Senior member

That you're wrong.

I'm burnt out from the swarms of corny white girls I know that try to model aspects of their lives and personality after Gaga, but even I can't overlook there's some real ingenuity happening with the character and her live spectacles.

9. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

lol 'totally fabricated caricature for marketing purposes' read to me like 'an invention of big label music moguls' which I just don't think is the case. if you just meant she does the things she does for attention, then sure. Also I'm not debating that her career was jettisoned by major label signage, just that alot of her moves/choices (like her shows and music videos) just don't seem like something a major label would put a pop artist up to. not sure that makes any sense

10. vthustle

vthustle Senior member

That you're wrong.

I'm burnt out from the swarms of corny white girls I know that try to model aspects of their lives and personality after Gaga, but even I can't overlook there's some real ingenuity happening with the character and her live spectacles.

What girls are these? I must not get out enough any more, but this sounds completely hilarious to me.

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Oh I'm not saying she didn't have a role to play in creating her own persona but I do have to think that there has to be some marketing genius behind it all. If I'm wrong then more power to her I guess because damned if it wasn't successful.

12. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

13. APK

APK Senior member

lol 'totally fabricated caricature for marketing purposes' read to me like 'an invention of big label music moguls' which I just don't think is the case. if you just meant she does the things she does for attention, then sure. Also I'm not debating that her career was jettisoned by major label signage, just that alot of her moves/choices (like her shows and music videos) just don't seem like something a major label would put a pop artist up to. not sure that makes any sense

Yeah, shit like showing up to the Grammy's in a giant egg (get on Mork's level, ho) is just attention-seeking stuff, which is the element of her character/act I don't care for. But if this whole thing were a complete facade put into motion by music industry big wigs, then we would have seen quite a few similar artists churned out. I don't have my finger on the pulse of pop music these days, but I can't offhand think of any female act all that comparable to Gaga to come down the pike in the last decade or two.

If you want a genuine example of a industry-fabricated success, peep the Bieber. There's nothing inherently interesting or remarkable about him. But he's been marketed perfectly and the success he's enjoying is Gaga-like. It's not genuine, though. It's the sort of production happening on the major label assembly line.

What girls are these? I must not get out enough any more, but this sounds completely hilarious to me.

I've never indulged any of them to explain why they worship Gaga the way they do, but I've pasted together a theory that it's her whole "Be weird. Be independent. Be a fuckin' rock star" persona that appeals to their impressionable sensibilities.

14. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

I've never indulged any of them to explain why they worship Gaga the way they do, but I've pasted together a theory that it's her whole "Be weird. Be independent. Be a fuckin' rock star" persona that appeals to their impressionable sensibilities.

There are worse things for impressionable yutes to glom on to.

15. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

LOL. I take it that's not Lady Gaga. It would have been a tight fit inside the egg. I watched it muted because I really don't need any shitty pop music stuck in my head right now, so if it was obvious I missed that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.