1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I want to buy black jeans, and am annoyingly torn between DRKSHDW, black overdye petit standards, black Ande Whalls, or some SelfEdge-ish elaborate overdye thing.

I don't know if this makes a difference - and I don't know if Ande has changed how he dyes them - but the black Ande Whalls I have are sulfur-dyed, and you can kinda smell the sulfur. I don't mind it, but it's something to think about.

A friend of mine always wanted to do shots of Johnny Walker Red at this godawful bar that had the last last call where I went to college (apparently they delayed the clock by 15 minutes every Friday and Saturday night, or something like that).

Stuff tastes like paint thinner. Or at least, it tastes the way paint thinner smells. I'm making an assumption, having huffed copious amounts of paint thinner, but never having drank it.

2. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

I was approached and shot by Mordechai from Mr. Mort at the Riviera Club presentation last night. Very cool guy! and the collection was pretty good too. some really cool reverse knits were definitely the highlight for me

3. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I don't know if this makes a difference - and I don't know if Ande has changed how he dyes them - but the black Ande Whalls I have are sulfur-dyed, and you can kinda smell the sulfur. I don't mind it, but it's something to think about.

I used to have 3 pair of Simon Miller black stone-washed looking jeans. At a different point, seemingly overnight, each pair started reeking of sulphur to the point that they were unwearable. It first happened when I left a pair in my trunk for a few days in the summer. It was some sort of chemical reaction that released all the sulphur smell at once. I e-mailed SM about this and never heard back. They stopped selling black jeans right around that point. I've been weary to buy any sulphur-dyed jeans now, but so many black jeans are now labeled as such. I've got the Blue Owl Triple Works collab and am hoping they don't suffer the same end.

4. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

it's not scotch

?

[​IMG]

5. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

I can't stop this constant urge to throw almost everything out of my closet and start over again, just sticking with minimal and simple but extremely flexible, timeless items.

6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

^make sure that they're also classic.

7. APK

APK Senior member

I can't stop this constant urge to throw almost everything out of my closet and start over again

I got this urge a few months ago mostly because the majority of my stuff was timeclassicCaryDean-esque.

8. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

#stylenotfashion

9. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

lol

10. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Grandpa died. Flying back to Florida to take care of mom and grandma (airtran has inflight wifi wuuut). Drinking a bloody mary and listening to Kanye. Schneider. Jil. uniqlo black t000. Rafstros.

11. snake

snake Senior member

My condolences.

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

My condolences.

Mine as well.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

14. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

lolol. i thought that it was 2000 for both at first, which would make it reasonable..

condolences arw, though im not really sure why you're telling us what youre wearing.

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

Every photo posted on Mister Mort makes me cringe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.