• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
so that's what ass tastes like?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
ask kobe via shaq
tongue.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
black label on rocks when i go out son

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reprehensible
I want to buy black jeans, and am annoyingly torn between DRKSHDW, black overdye petit standards, black Ande Whalls, or some SelfEdge-ish elaborate overdye thing. Some aesthetic consistency in the things I want would be convenient. Not sure if that's a common experience or not.
lol nice, four totally different pairs of black jeans. what's your wardrobe like? venturing a guess, you should probably steer clear of DRKSHDW, apc ps are probably the best bet/middle road.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to buy black jeans, and am annoyingly torn between DRKSHDW, black overdye petit standards, black Ande Whalls, or some SelfEdge-ish elaborate overdye thing.

Some aesthetic consistency in the things I want would be convenient. Not sure if that's a common experience or not.

Assuming you're relatively thin, Grim Tim black coated are a nice affordable option. A bonus is, no contrast stitching or pack pocket nudie design. I tried these on at Denim Bar last weekend and they were pretty cool. Shipped overnight (to NA), super affordable, a lot of sizes - Cultizm.

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
lol nice, four totally different pairs of black jeans. what's your wardrobe like? venturing a guess, you should probably steer clear of DRKSHDW, apc ps are probably the best bet/middle road.

I already have a pair of drkshdw, but they're more coated than what I'm looking at right now. I actually like them a lot.

Wardrobe-wise... well, I should probably be buying something other than pants. But I never see shirts or whatever that seem worth spending my very limited clothing dollars on. So I have an assortment of nice jeans, a nice (ToJ) leather jacket, reasonable shoes, and then assorted inexpensive other stuff that's not really distinctive in any way. Mostly black and gray. My tastes are pretty unfocused, obviously.

The PS are mentally in the lead by a bit, mostly because a) they're relatively cheap and b) I've liked them in more or less every fit I've seen them in.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
never had johnnie walker before but ******* ****. johnnie walker black tastes like asshole. gonna kill the friend who told me it was good for drinking straight or with a bit of water. will just save it for mixing for cocktails or something. Anyone want to trade a bottle of laphroaig or lagavulin for some of my nice clothes i don't wear anymore? i'm dry right now

Black label was my first experience with alcohol, way back in high school. God awful stuff.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol whiskey noobs

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Black label was my first experience with alcohol, way back in high school. God awful stuff.

It tastes like mixing good scotch with... something that doesn't taste good. It's better than red label, at least.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just spent $150 on sending out stuff i've sold in the past week...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^ballin son

It tastes like mixing good scotch with... something that doesn't taste good. It's better than red label, at least.

it's not scotch

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
it's not scotch

Wikipedia disagrees with you. "Johnnie Walker is a brand of Scotch Whisky owned by Diageo and originated in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland."

It's not single malt, but.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads