Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

This is the thing when you have... how shall we say... unique tastes? If you screw up the sizing on an online order it's really hard to flip it and cut your losses.

Yep. Usually have to send it back to Japan and have it sold on YJ and I lose a lot in the process. Trying to decide what to do with everything now.

2. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Yep. Usually have to send it back to Japan and have it sold on YJ and I lose a lot in the process. Trying to decide what to do with everything now.
    how are the dbss sneakers edit: i want to be a rocket ship. [​IMG]

3. connor

connor Senior member

waywt is straight nutty

bobo that thing with the 1920s criminals was dope

4. BB1

BB1 Senior member

how are the dbss sneakers
    Did uncontrol ever post a fit pic involving his DBSS pony hairs? I don't recall seeing it, but I don't read every WAYWT post so perhaps I missed it. I was really curious to see what he came up with. I find DBSS sneakers to be difficult to pair with other stuff. They generally look best when paired with other DBSS pieces. Mine look great when paired with DBSS cropped cargo pants. But with most jeans they're just so-so.

5. sipang

sipang Senior member

I get it now.

[​IMG]

i want to be a rocket ship.
    [​IMG]

me too, looks better with the hood off though

6. DLester

DLester Senior member

Trying to decide what to do with everything now.

everything you got is bad? yikes.

7. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

8. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

lol at threadless on gilt

9. junebugmm

junebugmm Senior member

Been working to replace my old Hanes underwear with something better. What does everyone recommend? Looking for cotton boxer briefs in dark colors with a low rise and no bagginess.

I initially tried Lad Musician in size 44 (sizes are 42/44/46) and found they fit perfectly, fabric is soft, rise is very low, and they stretch out only a minimal amount during the day. Very happy with these, but they cost $50 each.

Next tried some Calvin Klein that looked nearly identical in the pictures to the Lad for only $10 each. I got the smallest size they make S/P (28-30 waist). Big mistake! While they're certainly wearable, they feel like they're designed for someone far bigger and heavier. There is slight bagginess everywhere when initially worn, but by the end of the day they've massively stretched out and fit quite poorly. And the rise is really high on these, making for a very unflattering look.

I am considering trying Uniqlo next. Do they have any models that match my description of the Lad underwear? Is there a difference between the stuff sold in their Japanese stores vs. the US store?

Late pass, but Uniqlo waffle cotton boxer briefs are great.

also would really like one of yohji's knits from fw2011

[​IMG]

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

jkiss on gilt tomorrow (late pass?) still wow [​IMG]

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

[​IMG]
    he can always just buy fast fashion stuff if he's not willing to pay for unique design. He sounds like such a dunce in that post.

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

how are the dbss sneakers
    Did uncontrol ever post a fit pic involving his DBSS pony hairs? I don't recall seeing it, but I don't read every WAYWT post so perhaps I missed it. I was really curious to see what he came up with. I find DBSS sneakers to be difficult to pair with other stuff. They generally look best when paired with other DBSS pieces. Mine look great when paired with DBSS cropped cargo pants. But with most jeans they're just so-so.
    How did the DBSS go?
    Nobody's seen them because I just got them and it's still slushy out, but they're dope. Not sure how I'm going to wear them yet though haha.
    everything you got is bad? yikes.
    Not everything, but a large portion, yes. I posted about it on my site, will put it in a spoiler, check it out if you're interested in my depression.
    There's room for both I think LOL On another note, thanks for the kind words. Here's how I'm feeling about my order: - Tornado Mart skinny jeans are REALLY skinny. I can squeeze into most of them though. They're super low rise, which is sort of awkward. I think they're supposed to fit like this though, and the waist is roomy enough, it's just the rise that gets me. - This is the suit that didn't fit: http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....xxTTrVsHDLY%3D It's so so small. It's too bad, because it's amazing. I'd sell it here but I'd be asking at least $300 for it (less than the Â¥60,000 I paid) and I don't think anyone here will pay so much. If you're interested, PM me. It's incredible. Should fit 34 chest, 28 waist. I would instantly buy it in Size L if I could. - Tornado Mart shirt sizing is frustratingly inconsistent. All my shirts are the same size (M) and they all fit differently. Some of the ones I got have insane darting that constricts my rib cage. Hopefully I can have the darting removed without leaving any visible marks. The worst one is the most beautiful, a red snakeskin shirt that I was super-excited for. I will have to be more careful in the future, and probably order Size L from now on unless I can get measurements that are 100% safe. [​IMG] These didn't fit, which is too bad. Would be looking to sell for about $100. New with tags. Size 28-29 would be good. Will give measurements if anyone's interested. ---- So I've realized that all the TM stuff that doesn't fit me is newer, and the stuff that does fit is older. I'll be buying size L from now on if I'm unsure of measurements but I guess TM's sizing has gone down over the past few years. As for the jeans etc. that doesn't fit, I'll try selling it here and if it doesn't sell I'll send it back to Japan to sell. For the shirts that are too tight, going to ask if getting the darting removed will fix them, and if not I will sell those too. Lane, at least the red leather jacket fits (and is actually awesome, can't wait to wear it). There's actually a lot of positives. Buffalo Bobs boots fit dead on and are awesome, Alfredo Bannister boots are slightly big which means I'm a size 43, which is actually good news since it is much easier to find than size 44 and I can fix with an insole. DBSS sneakers are dope. T-shirts are dope. Snakeskin suit is dope, tight, but it looks good tight. It's actually a coated denim suit :| It sucks, but there's not much to be done other than make the best of it and move on. Moving into the future I'm going to adopt a few policies to make my life easier: Don't let orders build so much. After 15 months of planning and waiting I was bound to be disappointed. I'll get stuff shipped every 2 months from now on so I can learn from it quickly and work stuff into my wardrobe. If I'm trying something new, get something as a sample before buying all in. Don't buy stuff without measurements. Period.

13. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

yo yo yo hold on a sec this nigga is talking about mediocrity right? then he is straight up slanging workwear repros...QUIT DAT SHIT lol i need to read more. and hsi stuff is stocked at j crew. GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER.
    Mm, indeed. The J. Crew thing, I think, was a good move for both Warehouse and tha Krew. Gets a lot more exposure for Warehouse (and Heller's); J. Crew probably only ordered a handful of pieces, which are almost certain to be bought up by the Japanese no matter what the price. Now there's some visibility out there for the line before anyone else in the US is really stocking it. Everyone likes to kill J. Crew but outside of forums I don't think there's much stigma to being stocked in their nicer stores and online. I mean, they carry Swaine Adeney Brigg stuff. Even RJMan likes that stuff. And a lot of people are wondering what comes next in menswear. You can't just add a chinstrap and a watch pocket to everything. Will the designer-influenced stuff that's been big on SF find a real mass market? It seems All Saints is doing pretty well... -------------- Sorry about your disappointing delivery, Unc. I feel your pain dude

14. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

^Where are Grensons made these days? I seem to recall hearing that they were made in China?

Late pass.

Grenson Rose line are made in England, lower lines are at least partially made in India.

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Unc. that sucks i'm sorry dude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.