Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Yeah, budweiser(budvar) is a favourite of mine and had a nice pilsner urquell last night. Stella is nice too, but would say it's a bit behind those two. Another nice czech beer to try is Gambrinus and of course you could always go for Staropramen although personally I've grown a bit tired of that one. Would also recommend Innis & Gunn if one would like to try a lighter beer with some taste

The Innis & Gunn oak aged beer is very drinkable [​IMG] Not tried their Rum cask aged beer yet.

If you ever see this on sale your side of the pond this is superb:

http://www.hopdaemon.com/incubus.html

2. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

The Innis & Gunn oak aged beer is very drinkable [​IMG] Not tried their Rum cask aged beer yet.

If you ever see this on sale your side of the pond this is superb:

http://www.hopdaemon.com/incubus.html

Didn't know they had a rum cask. Will pick it up the next time I get a chance.

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

don't love spaten; if you want a good light beer i suggest the 3 biggies: stella artois, pilsner urquell, and budvar from ceskie bujovice. the last two are stellar, by the way, and i believe they're usually cheaper than the belgian. if you want something to warm you up, samuel smith's chocolate stout is always a good bet (as are the other offerings, althugh they're slightly stale), but if you're going camping i suggest metaxa mixed with lemon and then held over a fire.

Stella, Pilsner, even budvar are all inbev or millerSAB beers. If you're really strongly anti-corporate (and I'm not suggesting anyone is) you'll look further afield for a good pilsner. Not that they taste bad at all.

I'm partial to Victory Prima Pils, although it's hoppier than the originals, or maybe something German. I've also recently gotten on the Full Sail hype train because their Session lager is a decent beer-flavored beer and it's not too expensive.

4. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Fall Winter next year is gonna be a swaggy time for me, super hyped on it, got it all planned out.

Details needed. I just imagine you and Kvc lounging in a smoke-filled room and planning Junya kops.

5. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Details needed. I just imagine you and Kvc lounging in a smoke-filled room and planning Junya kops.
    Pause.

Pretty much junya blazer everyday, down vest or parka over that, cropped wool trousers (like my oliver spencer ones) and all brogue boots everything. A little more TB in my life, vest will most likely be junya or Gamme Bleu.

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Cool interview, shore. I gotta admit, I really didn't see the punchline coming:

[​IMG]

I don't get it.

7. Nil

Nil Senior member

I just got a sweater back from this girl I loaned it to a week or two back after she stayed over. Turns out she washed and dried it. Yes, washed and dried a 100% wool sweater. It's a bit more child-like in sizing now. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] How dense do you have to be to think that's a good idea? Fuck me.

Luckily it was only mid-grade heat but I think it's still time to break out the pleb mall brand stuff from the basement for such instances from now on. I can't risk losing my knit soldiers to attrition.

8. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Definitely, I don't know if it tops Shepherd's Dog but it is pretty solid. Nice to see him making a bigger toybox instead of sitting around whispering to himself for his entire career.

Yeah Shepherds Dog was incredible. It is definitely a solid album though, I've been listening to it a lot.

9. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Took a look at Yohji Yamamoto and perhaps suprisingly I actually like a lot of it. Not keen on the Y3 stuff but the mainline is pretty good. Living in rural Kent it's not something I could convincingly wear even if I had the funds, but I like much of what he's done.

good, I think everyone here despises Y3..

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

I just got a sweater back from this girl I loaned it to a week or two back after she stayed over. Turns out she washed and dried it. Yes, washed and dried a 100% wool sweater. It's a bit more child-like in sizing now. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] How dense do you have to be to think that's a good idea? Fuck me.

Luckily it was only mid-grade heat but I think it's still time to break out the pleb mall brand stuff from the basement for such instances from now on. I can't risk losing my knit soldiers to attrition.

This is the reason I advocate having a couple of beater knits, terrible.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

Looks like "chinoguy" is on a scorn filled butthurt rampage.

Will end up banned if he continues this route.

12. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

ugh, so sorry for your loss comrade. Which was it?

First and last time this happened to me was in highschool when I was still rocking John Varvatos. Learned my lesson, and always keep a few low level pieces around, though it has hilariously led to instances of "Hey I'm stealing this one..." "No you're not." *tosses allsaints cardigan* "You can have this."

13. bows1

bows1 Senior member

You guys need to get smarter girls.

14. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

[​IMG]

15. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.