Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snake

snake Senior member

Not a huge fan of light beers, I've never been able to taste a discernible difference between them. [​IMG]

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

try the ones i mentioned.

but steamboat is amazing during the winter. best snow in colorado.

3. snake

snake Senior member

stella artois and pilsner urquell aren't bad.
    I was thinking more along the lines of coors, bud, miller, ect. All the same to me.

4. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

does anyone remember what boots served as inspiration for the cloak and mmms ? I think it was some scadinavian army boots (Sweden ?) but I've no idea where I got that from.
    I think they were Swedish, not sure though, I remember posting an ebay link to a pair of the originals a long time back. I think the black slouch boots are way better than the desert boots in any color, though I love the equestrian vibe the tan and white gives off. I cannot stand wine and beer from a beverage standpoint.

5. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Fall Winter next year is gonna be a swaggy time for me, super hyped on it, got it all planned out.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I thought you had taken said boots out of said box. Is there some sort of epic recent purchases post coming? I think I need to get you to proxy me a proxy from Japan, I don't have the patience personally. You're right, she talks a lot in those posts and I'm like tl;dr, I just assumed it was this same piece
    [​IMG]
    strung up differently on the basis that... well how many junya pieces made of old military coats can one person reasonably own?

this one's made of shirts not coats [​IMG] [​IMG] altered [​IMG] [​IMG] sick nonetheless. i'm sure price was astronomical. junya's reconstructed clothes are more useable i think than margiela's reconstructed clothes. margiela's pieces are more like art than actual clothes. for example [​IMG] [​IMG] very creative and i'm sure workmanship is awesome, but would you wear them? in other news margiela on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Martin-Margiel.../dp/B0041XU994

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

how much text does this person post?

8. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

imagine the tower of babel in a pile of letters before you

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

now i am curious

10. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

it really is that bad.

Oh and for beer, definitely try some of the flemish sour ales. My favourite is Duchesse De Bourgogne.

11. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Also, since we aren't talking about fashion anymore, the new Iron and Wine album is pretty awesome.

Definitely, I don't know if it tops Shepherd's Dog but it is pretty solid. Nice to see him making a bigger toybox instead of sitting around whispering to himself for his entire career.

12. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Post something of hers I'm too lazy to make an account just to lurk

13. Hobbs

Hobbs Senior member

Oh and for beer, definitely try some of the flemish sour ales. My favourite is Duchesse De Bourgogne.

This is great, I found it on draught in Brussels last month.

SPK mentioned Rodenbach, but Rodenbach Grand Cru far surpasses it.

14. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

[​IMG]

Look at some Yohji Yamamoto shows. While his clothing may not be exactly to your tastes, it proves there's no age limit to steezing hard in your casual wear.

Thanks.

Took a look at Yohji Yamamoto and perhaps suprisingly I actually like a lot of it. Not keen on the Y3 stuff but the mainline is pretty good. Living in rural Kent it's not something I could convincingly wear even if I had the funds, but I like much of what he's done.

MoK, your swag is perfectly fine for your age and very appropriate imo.
    Cheers

stella artois and pilsner urquell aren't bad.
    I was thinking more along the lines of coors, bud, miller, ect. All the same to me.

I wish we had easier access to some of the decent US brews - the odd bottle I've had have been good. Sam Adams crops up sometimes but mostly we get your garbage coors, bud, miller, etc.
    I doubt you get many of our better brews though...

this one's made of shirts not coats
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

altered
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sick nonetheless. i'm sure price was astronomical. junya's reconstructed clothes are more useable i think than margiela's reconstructed clothes. margiela's pieces are more like art than actual clothes.

You're right those do look very wearable - it helps that the model's cute, but they look good.

15. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

don't love spaten; if you want a good light beer i suggest the 3 biggies: stella artois, pilsner urquell, and budvar from ceskie bujovice. the last two are stellar, by the way, and i believe they're usually cheaper than the belgian. if you want something to warm you up, samuel smith's chocolate stout is always a good bet (as are the other offerings, althugh they're slightly stale), but if you're going camping i suggest metaxa mixed with lemon and then held over a fire.

Yeah, budweiser(budvar) is a favourite of mine and had a nice pilsner urquell last night. Stella is nice too, but would say it's a bit behind those two. Another nice czech beer to try is Gambrinus and of course you could always go for Staropramen although personally I've grown a bit tired of that one. Would also recommend Innis & Gunn if one would like to try a lighter beer with some taste

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.