Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snake

snake Senior member

Depends on what you're into... [​IMG] I'm kind of in love with Founders porter right now as an every day kinda beer. I reckon you'd be awash in all kinds of Rogue, Port/Lost Abbey, and Ale Smith stuff on the left coast, though, maybe not so much the stuff coming out of MI.
    I'm trying a bit of everything right now, just looking to broaden my taste. Red Hook is pretty big around here and their red ale (copperhook) is tasty. Spaten Optimator is another good one I've recently discovered.
    Double Bastard by Rogue will keep you warm, but isn't as interesting as maudite. Some of the O'Dell's offerings are quite good too; I'm partial to the peach porter but if you don't like fruit you probably won't. "Epic" by rogue is also good, and if you want something lighter, lindeman's lambics (I love the blackcurrant) are really nice and bubbly - but more apt to be shared with a woman than next to a campfire, and 3 philosophers by ommegang is also very good.
    Yeah Double Bastard is good, I'm a fan of a lot of Rouge's offerings. Peach porter sounds interesting.
    sour beer or aged beer if you want to try something different. It's like if wine and beer made a baby. It's been my new thing for the last few weeks
    Anything worth trying?

2. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

a friend called my lanvins "justin bieber shoes" T.T

she no longer me friend...

edit: if you can get your hands on it i recommend spotted cow by new glarus. i think they are only sold in wi though. delerium tremens is my current go to beer.

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

don't love spaten; if you want a good light beer i suggest the 3 biggies: stella artois, pilsner urquell, and budvar from ceskie bujovice. the last two are stellar, by the way, and i believe they're usually cheaper than the belgian. if you want something to warm you up, samuel smith's chocolate stout is always a good bet (as are the other offerings, althugh they're slightly stale), but if you're going camping i suggest metaxa mixed with lemon and then held over a fire.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

yeah, i wish my feet were bigger. love those. i also love the (magician please insert season) strapped ones that margiela copied (? damnit my fashion savvy is letting me down) a while ago. am I imagining this? do you know what im' talking abut? damnit maybe the beer talking
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...YZ2AeZPYSV&t=1

Only pic I can find of what I assume you're talking about.

Oh shit. I remember when those were floating around in my size. Even by Cloak-in-it's-heyday standards those are incredible. and I understand they went for some offensively low price when the store closed.
    Yeah. I am going to have to find someone with big feet to wear them in good health I think. Disappointing... too damned hard to find good Cloak pieces.

5. Synthese

6. sipang

sipang Senior member

does anyone remember what boots served as inspiration for the cloak and mmms ?

I think it was some scadinavian army boots (Sweden ?) but I've no idea where I got that from.

7. Nil

Nil Senior member

Yeah. I am going to have to find someone with big feet to wear them in good health I think. Disappointing... too damned hard to find good Cloak pieces.

Get at me, playboy.

And +100 to the New Glarus recommendation. I get a case or two every time I cross the border into Wisconsin as it is indeed only sold in that state.

8. SPK

SPK Senior member

Anything worth trying?

They might run a bit more expensive. I've only tried a few and don't remember most of them but all of the ones i've tried have been good.
    If you don't mind something sweet, go with Rodenbach. It was pretty good, very refreshing [​IMG]

If you like IPAs (which are probably my favorite) check out Ballast Point Brewery, Great Divide Brewery and Burton Baton from Dogfish Head Brewery are some fantastic IPAs i've tried lately.

Also my cheap go to beer is Dale's Pale Ale, best beer in a can!

9. Synthese

dale's is brewed about 5 miles from me, really really good

10. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

dale's is brewed about 5 miles from me, really really good

isn't coors also that rocky mountain brew [​IMG]

11. bows1

bows1 Senior member

The Banquet Beer!

12. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Also, since we aren't talking about fashion anymore, the new Iron and Wine album is pretty awesome.

13. Synthese

not really. more like the destroy the environment and build worthless towns around or brewery brew. not my town thanks.

14. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

I like Lindemann's Peche Lambic.

15. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

not really. more like the destroy the environment and build worthless towns around or brewery brew. not my town thanks.

it all looks like the same foaming donkey urine to me so excuse my assumptions [​IMG]
    steamboat springs, as touristy as it was, provided just the warm mineral baths i was after

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.