Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

So I don't feel like taking pics of all my new items right now. I just went through them all. Some items are good or better than I was expecting. There are also a lot of items that aren't what I was expecting, or I didn't size properly (in particular, one ¥60,000 suit is simply too small). It's frustrating that my favourite brand has such a lack of sizing consistency.

Overall I'm feeling kind of disappointed and frustrated ...

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

large packages are usually like that

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

large packages are usually like that

what's in 'em comes out as a surprise, I find. and not always when you want it to.

4. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Yeah that multiple angles thing didn't work out - Cloak boots arrived today and are awesome, everything I expected, including "too big". I put them on and was like, "yup, you're an idiot, you're closer to an 11 than a 12 and people told you they fit big, how you gonna take a 44 in MMM boots and expect to fit the same size in these?" So yeah, optimism dashed. Let that be a lesson to you, kids.

Do I try to wear them with a thick insole, or pass them along to Nil, who will probably wear them way more often and way better than I would?

I might be interested if Nil passes on them. Any pics?

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

what's in 'em comes out as a surprise, I find. and not always when you want it to.

indeed, or at least not when my girl always wants it to so i have to close my eyes and imagine

6. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Was slight temporal balding the impetus behind the 1994 Friends/beadhead hair revolution?

7. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

9. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=11606

Oh shit. I remember when those were floating around in my size. Even by Cloak-in-it's-heyday standards those are incredible. and I understand they went for some offensively low price when the store closed.

10. Synthese

yeah, i wish my feet were bigger. love those. i also love the (magician please insert season) strapped ones that margiela copied (? damnit my fashion savvy is letting me down) a while ago. am I imagining this? do you know what im' talking abut? damnit maybe the beer talking

11. snake

snake Senior member

^ Tried some Maudite this past weekend. [​IMG] Going to pack a few brews next weekend snowshoeing, need moar recommendations!

12. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

^ Tried Maudite this past weekend. [​IMG]
    Going to pack a few brews next weekend snowshoeing, need moar recommendations!

Depends on what you're into... [​IMG]

I'm kind of in love with Founders porter right now as an every day kinda beer. I reckon you'd be awash in all kinds of Rogue, Port/Lost Abbey, and Ale Smith stuff on the left coast, though, maybe not so much the stuff coming out of MI.

13. Synthese

Double Bastard by Rogue will keep you warm, but isn't as interesting as maudite. Some of the O'Dell's offerings are quite good too; I'm partial to the peach porter but if you don't like fruit you probably won't. "Epic" by rogue is also good, and if you want something lighter, lindeman's lambics (I love the blackcurrant) are really nice and bubbly - but more apt to be shared with a woman than next to a campfire, and 3 philosophers by ommegang is also very good.

14. SPK

SPK Senior member

sour beer or aged beer if you want to try something different. It's like if wine and beer made a baby. It's been my new thing for the last few weeks

15. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Got four bottles of sake for my 21st birthday. Also Petrov jeans, finally. Awesome birthday.

Last night, my Marine friend introduced me to his cute thick female friend (sup Hendrix) as "fashion, sex, rock and roll". Feels good man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.