Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLester

DLester Senior member

black label is not smokey dawg and laphroaig is the last thing i'd recommend for a noob
    agree and agree
    Nice, I'll check it out. I haven't had much besides Jameson, McCallan 12 and 15, Maker's, and various Johnie Walkers. All the mainstream shit. I really liked the McCallan 15 year aged in Cherry Oak I had. I think I had some Ballentine's 18?(sic) a while ago that was okay.
    Buy a bottle of Glenlivet (a good light scotch), then Glenmorangie, then Dalwhinnie. That is all good, reasonably priced scotch that will get you rolling. You can work into the other stuff later. Macallan is great but 18 is where the action starts and that is expensive. I don't drink the 12; it wants to be 18. I don't think I have tried the 15. I wouldn't mess with blends. Some are fine, but there is better scotch out there. (I had a bottle of JW Blue Label once, and it was fine but I haven't bought it again.) love scotchtalk. * also steezin, we see a "Whats really the point of obsessing over clothes so much?" post about once every 2 weeks. This has been talked to death and it is so boring ~~~~ *

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

As far as I am concerned the best bang-for-the-buck scotch out there is the Balvenie doublewood 12 year. It of course depends what you like, but that stuff is fantastic and my daily drinker. Their 18 and 21 year olds are also excellent.

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

As far as I am concerned the best bang-for-the-buck scotch out there is the Balvenie doublewood 12 year. It of course depends what you like, but that stuff is fantastic and my daily drinker. Their 18 and 21 year olds are also excellent.

I'm sure Balvenie is good scotch, but I don't think I could stand it after reading some of those ads in Harper's. And I have a really really high bar for "pretentious".

4. volatile

volatile Senior member

Only around 700. and The Red knit one will be mine for sure.

I'm late on this, but: do you know when and where they'll be available, Scott?

5. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Been working to replace my old Hanes underwear with something better. What does everyone recommend? Looking for cotton boxer briefs in dark colors with a low rise and no bagginess.

I initially tried Lad Musician in size 44 (sizes are 42/44/46) and found they fit perfectly, fabric is soft, rise is very low, and they stretch out only a minimal amount during the day. Very happy with these, but they cost $50 each.

Next tried some Calvin Klein that looked nearly identical in the pictures to the Lad for only $10 each. I got the smallest size they make S/P (28-30 waist). Big mistake! While they're certainly wearable, they feel like they're designed for someone far bigger and heavier. There is slight bagginess everywhere when initially worn, but by the end of the day they've massively stretched out and fit quite poorly. And the rise is really high on these, making for a very unflattering look.

I am considering trying Uniqlo next. Do they have any models that match my description of the Lad underwear? Is there a difference between the stuff sold in their Japanese stores vs. the US store?

6. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

2xist's low rise no show trunks are pretty close, though they're part cotton/modal/spandex i think. i like mine. they dont have a hole for the fly though [​IMG]

7. bows1

bows1 Senior member

H&M Boxer Briefs are tiny and cheap. I love them. Also no fly hole

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

CK slim fit boxer, the one with the stretchy material. Doesn't stretch as much as their regular boxers. Not sure if those are the ones you've tried though.

9. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

yeah i've been wearing uniqlo boxer briefs for a few years now, and i've figured out that the low rise ones are pretty much perfect for me now. can't complain at less than $5 a pop either

10. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I'm not like this in most area but when it comes to scotch I've found that I don't like anything better than Lagavulin so I basically only buy that.

11. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Been working to replace my old Hanes underwear with something better. What does everyone recommend? Looking for cotton boxer briefs in dark colors with a low rise and no bagginess.

I initially tried Lad Musician in size 44 (sizes are 42/44/46) and found they fit perfectly, fabric is soft, rise is very low, and they stretch out only a minimal amount during the day. Very happy with these, but they cost $50 each.

Next tried some Calvin Klein that looked nearly identical in the pictures to the Lad for only $10 each. I got the smallest size they make S/P (28-30 waist). Big mistake! While they're certainly wearable, they feel like they're designed for someone far bigger and heavier. There is slight bagginess everywhere when initially worn, but by the end of the day they've massively stretched out and fit quite poorly. And the rise is really high on these, making for a very unflattering look.

I am considering trying Uniqlo next. Do they have any models that match my description of the Lad underwear? Is there a difference between the stuff sold in their Japanese stores vs. the US store?

I wear Uniqlo (euro or US which I believe is the same sizing). I have some Japanese ones too and they are to regulal underwear what Japanese condoms are too regular condoms, but worse. Not a good feeling...

12. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

my favorite pair of boxer briefs are a pair of uniqlo with black on black leopard print

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Ppl actually use the fly hole? I hate it, I tend to escape

+1 for H&M boxer briefs, they are women's inner thigh soft and cheap

14. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I looked at the selection on the UK Uniqlo web site and these are the closest match I could find for a low rise cotton boxer brief. Are there better Uniqlo models in this style that you guys are familiar with?

http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/067223

How small is the size S in the US/UK sizing? Like I said before, I found that Lad Musician's middle size was slightly smaller than CK's smallest size.

Also, how does everyone who's not in NYC order these? Do you recommend finding the products I want on the UK web store and then contacting the NYC store, providing them the same product names?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.