Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

my boy picked up plokhov and white mountaineering for the shop [​IMG]

he bought all the socks too

[​IMG]

this is amazing news.

2. captainfunk

captainfunk Senior member

dear god.

3. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I met a chick in the airport who runs a company producing and selling yak wool clothing, scarves, gloves, etc. sourced from Tibet. She showed me a sample of a yak scarf which was surprisingly soft, is SF going to get on the Yak Wagon anytime?

4. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

My roommate was like this. He was always disorganized, would lose shit, or come to class without paper and pencil. I was always on his case about it. But he was brilliant and consistently got better grades than me.
    This is/was me pretty much. I never studied, usually got A's and did everything at the last second. Still do everything at the last second.

I met a chick in the airport who runs a company producing and selling yak wool clothing, scarves, gloves, etc. sourced from Tibet. She showed me a sample of a yak scarf which was surprisingly soft, is SF going to get on the Yak Wagon anytime?

yak milk, yak yogurt, and yak burgers are all delicious as well. Tibetan people are pretty chill to hang out with too.

5. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Couriers [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We have a perfectly good postal service so why do companies insist on using independent couriers. If the Royal Mail attempt to deliver a parcel, they leave a card and I can walk along to the local sorting office and collect it, including on a Saturday. Convienient for me and no dearer.

I now have a pair of boots waiting for me with a private courier based in a warehouse 40 miles away on an industrial estate that's inaccessable by public transport and only open when I'm at work. They won't re-deliver to my work address or leave in a safe place so it looks like a day off work to collect a parcel [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Couriers [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We have a perfectly good postal service so why do companies insist on using independent couriers. If the Royal Mail attempt to deliver a parcel, they leave a card and I can walk along to the local sorting office and collect it, including on a Saturday. Convienient for me and no dearer.

I now have a pair of boots waiting for me with a private courier based in a warehouse 40 miles away on an industrial estate that's inaccessable by public transport and only open when I'm at work. They won't re-deliver to my work address or leave in a safe place so it looks like a day off work to collect a parcel [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Fuck that man. Can you not speak to the sender and get him to re-route it or something similar? Sounds like they're being difficult for the sake of it..

7. steezin

steezin Senior member

Whats really the point of obsessing over clothes so much?

Its clear the rest of the world doesn't give a fuck and only doing it to please randoms on the internet i will never meet seems extremely weird. Fair enough if you have alot of cash and need an outlet for your wealth but im sure that doesnt apply to alot of people here, and im not even sure if that makes it any better.

Just an observation.

8. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

Its clear the rest of the world doesn't give a fuck and only doing it to please randoms on the internet i will never meet seems extremely weird. Fair enough if you have alot of cash and need an outlet for your wealth but im sure that doesnt apply to alot of people here, and im not even sure if that makes it any better.

Just an observation.

Enjoyment. People enjoy lusting over nice shit. Enjoy even more when they get it. What's the problem?

9. elph

elph Member

Just an observation.

It makes you feel good when you know you look good.

To be fair though it is quite a valid point... Probably more constructive/less shallow things to be into.

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

Whats really the point of obsessing over clothes so much? Its clear the rest of the world doesn't give a fuck and only doing it to please randoms on the internet i will never meet seems extremely weird. Fair enough if you have alot of cash and need an outlet for your wealth but im sure that doesnt apply to alot of people here, and im not even sure if that makes it any better. Just an observation.
    so any reason why you dweebs are here then?

11. steezin

steezin Senior member

Enjoyment. People enjoy lusting over nice shit. Enjoy even more when they get it. What's the problem?

The problem is, no one actually thinks about why they're "lusting over shit", you can lust all you like for a pair of sterling silver riveted jeans, spend X amount of cash on them and then what? You have an extremely expensive pair of jeans that no one other than you gives a shit about.

And to elph, yeh it makes you feel good, but is it really worth the time, effort and money when all it really gives you is the self satisfaction of "i can consume things that i do not need" and the ability to show off to your prentitious and materialistic internet friends.

12. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

The problem is, no one actually thinks about why they're "lusting over shit", you can lust all you like for a pair of sterling silver riveted jeans, spend X amount of cash on them and then what? You have an extremely expensive pair of jeans that no one other than you gives a shit about.

And to elph, yeh it makes you feel good, but is it really worth the time, effort and money when all it really gives you is the self satisfaction of "i can consume things that i do not need" and the ability to show off to your prentitious and materialistic internet friends.

There are a million reasons why people lust over shit and each and everyone as invalid as the next. We still do it though and it still makes us happy for a while when we get what we are lusting over.

Is it really worth it? That's entirely dependant upon the person. For you it sounds like it very much isn't. For others they may consider it entirely worth it..

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

The problem is, no one actually thinks about why they're "lusting over shit", you can lust all you like for a pair of sterling silver riveted jeans, spend X amount of cash on them and then what? You have an extremely expensive pair of jeans that no one other than you gives a shit about. And to elph, yeh it makes you feel good, but is it really worth the time, effort and money when all it really gives you is the self satisfaction of "i can consume things that i do not need" and the ability to show off to your prentitious and materialistic internet friends.
    Some people like to look good I like fixed geared bikes & souped up Hondas ( [​IMG] ) offline, so I joined online communities centered around said interests to link up with others who shared the same interests Makes a lot more sense than joining those boards to chastize people on the "pointlessness" of whatever interests they've taken up. People like to spend inordinate amounts of time & money on clothes. So what? How does that affect you? What's the point of this post? I suppose we should shut the site down now as it's all been for nothing [​IMG]

14. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

my boy picked up plokhov and white mountaineering for the shop [​IMG]

he bought all the socks too

oh shit, what shop is this big dawg?

15. steezin

steezin Senior member

Some people like to look good

I like fixed geared bikes & souped up Hondas ( [​IMG] ) offline, so I joined online communities centered around said interests to link up with others who shared the same interests

Makes a lot more sense than joining those boards to chastize people on the "pointlessness" of whatever interests they've taken up. People like to spend inordinate amounts of time & money on clothes. So what? How does that affect you? What's the point of this post? I suppose we should shut the site down now as it's all been for nothing [​IMG]

I joined in 2008...

And it was more of a dicussion point than me stating a fact, hence the question mark...

No need to take it so personally dude, cool the kid needs to chill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.