Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vthustle

vthustle Senior member

Ah... not your type of establishment I guess?

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

You live here? I thought I saw some kid that looked like you the other night I was out.

LOL

no, fuck I wish. My goal is to move there once I graduate next year as I use to live there when I was younger, and it was the happiest time of my life.

3. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Ah... not your type of establishment I guess?

I don't even know what my type of establishment is man. Truthfully I could give a fuck.
    LOL

no, fuck I wish. My goal is to move there once I graduate next year as I use to live there when I was younger, and it was the happiest time of my life.

You older than me, bro?

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

woops, I mean graduate next school year...so 2012. So, no im 21 as you are, I believe.

5. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

^^ (m)ethanol + RC Cola

Grippin' that wood grain (alcohol)

Alcohol price talk makes me glad I don't drink. And then I feel like a dork.

I only drink at industry-sponsored events where someone else is footing the bill. [​IMG]

6. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

Undercover PCM jacket so dope, but the JPY too strong. =[

7. vthustle

vthustle Senior member

Meant no disrespect scott... iirc, you work for an interior design firm correct? I'll be looking for design jobs in NYC pretty soon, different field though.

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

mikey, homie, listen to me for a mo'. As hard as it is to be surrounded by glittery shit on the internet all the time, believe me when I say you do not need much in college. Use it to figure out what you want. If ever there was a time to buy some shit that you're sure you'll wear every day (as has been said), that time is now. Getting more, more, more, isn't going to make you feel better; it'll make you feel worse. Lurking on SF is fine as long as it's not a) ruining your credit, or b) ruining your social life. Find a pair of Nordstrom bucks on ebay for 25$, wear them with your 2 pairs of pants/denim in the fall and with cropped shorts in the spring. You do not need to pay 130$ for epaulet shirts. You're short, you'll likely need most things tailored - god help me that I'm about to say this - so just shop jcrew on sale for shirts and have them tailored (to fit like BoO). Buy a few of them, even. Figure out what you want, like the inimitable jetdawg has said, and then buy shit you love. It's worth it to buy quality; but dude, you're like 19, worry about shit that matters.

yeah du I feel what you're saying. fuck it, I think I'll just cop some simple canvas sneakers and save the cash to get some of my shirts tailored and maybe pick up one new ocbd (probably from lec, can't really beat the price and they fit well enough).

FWIW, most of my purchases since joining fs have been getting a ton of wear. My denim, boots, trousers, shirts, and boots all get a lot of wear and I am happy with most everything.

9. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Meant no disrespect scott... iirc, you work for an interior design firm correct? I'll be looking for design jobs in NYC pretty soon, different field though.

Don't trip, none taken, I'm tipsy atm and really don't care where I drink most of the time. And I work in Home furnishings web retail.

10. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

that's like double what he wanted to spend?

on the same note as that though, I picked up my dad some Midleton for Christmas to celebrate some stuff and it was pretty phenomenal, so much so I always get excited to go home now because I know after that train ride I'll step inside to a glass of it haha

I thought he said like $70, round here at least Laphroaig is$55 for a fifth.

11. SPK

SPK Senior member

I thought he said like $70, round here at least Laphroaig is$55 for a fifth.
    I might check it out. I feel like I haven't ventured much in the world of whiskey's. I haven't had anything smokey really.

12. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

I live a block away, haven't gone.

Brooklyn Brewery/Bowl is like Chuck E. Cheese for adults. It would be fun if it wasnt crowded as fuck all day and night every day.

13. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

scott, you ever been to the Brooklyn Brewery? My friends in NYC said it was worth checkin out, but we didn't have a chance to go while I was there earlier in January.

Fun nugget of beer knowledge - the majority of Brooklyn beer is actually brewed on contract in Utica, NY at the FX Matt brewery (their non-contract beers are the Saranac line). Check out the label on your next bottle of Brooklyn (especially the lager, IIRC). It'll probably say it was brewed in Utica.

14. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I'll make sure I keep not drinking it.

15. vthustle

vthustle Senior member

Interesting. The only times I've had Brooklyn lager is on tap, so I've never seen the bottle.

And also, lol at the Chuck E. Cheese comparison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.