1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike868y

mike868y Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

so tasteless.

2. BB1

BB1 Distinguished Member

yeah i do the same but maybe its a grad/law school thing. there are a lot of folk semi-formal cuz they work as well as go to class. but just as much folk who wear whatever and bum about

I believe it's an East Coast thing. Every time I visit cities there I notice the local's outfits are likely to contain many semi-formal elements even while doing casual activities. From a West Coast perspective it tends to look a bit stuffy and outdated, like the type of thing that only MBA/finance clowns here would wear.

If you're going to class you probably aren't frequenting restaurants with dress codes. Sneakers are fine, as shah said. And for what it's worth, I wear wingtips to class. That or boots or other 'dress' shoes. Sneakers aren't my thing.

Lol. Why are we even having to assure people that "sneakers are fine" to wear to class? Where would this belief that they are not even come from? I've noticed that it's common for many noobs whom come here to initially feel they need to go "more formal" in order to up their style quotient.

3. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

who come here.

sorry. i can't help myself.

4. mike868y

Lol. Why are we even having to assure people that "sneakers are fine" to wear to class? Where would this belief that they are not even come from? I've noticed that it's common for many noobs whom come here to initially feel they need to go "more formal" in order to up their style quotient.

lol, I know sneakers are fine for class, but I think wingtips are too formal.

Kids look fine wearing boat shoes to class, would bucks be on the same level on the casual/formal scale?

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Jesus fucking Christ why are the words "wingtips" and "formal" even being used in the same goddamn sentence :FU: styleforum is so [​IMG] sometimes.

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

Jesus fucking Christ why are the words "wingtips" and "formal" even being used in the same goddamn sentence :FU: styleforum is so [​IMG] sometimes.
    Go back to MC, old man. AR has a point though: Wingtips are the most casual oxford-y shoe you can buy. And they look great with jeans.

7. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Distinguished Member

i hate when you double wrap the laces on your high tops around your ankle and they ride up off the shoe.... thats what we should really be talking about on a side note a friend of mine called me denim Dan today and i was like [​IMG]

8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Distinguished Member

lol, I know sneakers are fine for class, but I think wingtips are too formal.

Kids look fine wearing boat shoes to class, would bucks be on the same level on the casual/formal scale?

lol the reason why^ he is like that is wingtips are traditionally NOT formal and any brogueing on a shoe was actually considered much more casual

as for bucks yeah they would seem more formal than boat shoes but they are actually traditionally casual

its cuz back in the day NO ONE wore sneakers and no one would walk around in flip flops/sandals all around the city/class/shopping/etc

9. mike868y

Go back to MC, old man.

AR has a point though: Wingtips are the most casual oxford-y shoe you can buy. And they look great with jeans.

honestly did not know that wingtips were informal. regardless, I think I like bucks better.

10. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

can we just forget about casual and formal please.

11. snake

snake Distinguished Member

What about dressy casual?

12. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

What about dressy casual?

i hear boat shoes are a versatile addition to a wardrobe which can dress up your casual outfit and add a nautical vibe.

13. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Distinguished Member

I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't telling him that sneakers are acceptably un-formal, that's stupid as hell. I'd appreciate the benefit of the doubt, but I realize that this is the internet.

14. xM.

xM. Senior Member

just found a pair of purple 10 eyelit doc's in my closet that i forgot i had.

no idea what to do with them but im determined to find a way to wear them

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.