Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Mike, as a short dude, you might want to buy something that gives you a bit of lift?

heels? I can't imagine that being my swag. I 5'2" dude nothing is going to make me look tall.

2. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

RO man-heels are the only option. But re:use, why ask jet? Only you can know how much you're going to wear something.

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

If you're going to class you probably aren't frequenting restaurants with dress codes. Sneakers are fine, as shah said. And for what it's worth, I wear wingtips to class. That or boots or other 'dress' shoes. Sneakers aren't my thing.

yeah i do the same but maybe its a grad/law school thing. there are a lot of folk semi-formal cuz they work as well as go to class. but just as much folk who wear whatever and bum about

if im more dressy its typically a pair of aldens or boots ... casual is more desert boots/boat shoes. i got rid of all my sneakers (not including for running/bball/tennis) except for common projects but i dont pull those out till like spring/summer with shorts.

4. BB1

BB1 Senior member

has anybody ordered from Rakuten since they started shipping worldwide? thinkin' of grabbing a shirt.
    I have found it to be frustrating and a waste of time. Every shop I tried to order from canceled my order within 24 hours, always e-mailing me back in Japanese saying "no international shipping" or something like that. And I've found it nearly impossible to talk to any of these shops in English via e-mail. So if anything goes wrong with your order, good luck trying to communicate with them. You're far better off using a proxy. At 5% fee the added cost is not very significant. Also, most proxy's will declare your package value to be very low so you won't have to pay duty. If you manage to successfully order directly from an individual shop you have no way of guaranteeing that!

5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

RO man-heels are the only option. But re:use, why ask jet? Only you can know how much you're going to wear something.

good point on the usage thing. I think I would wear bucks to class, but I've only ever worn sneakers and don't want to look like a pretentious freshman who dresses too nicely for class.

[​IMG] this shouldn't be so hard.

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

lol jet you're consistently one of my favorite posters on sf.

Sorry guys, but baller sneakers aren't my thing. Until I have a real job I'm not spending $300+ on sneakers.

that's why you get them on ebay or B&S for half price maximum.

I'm not really a sneakers guy myself but i have to agree that in your case a nice pair of sneakers are a good option.

you could just get white chucks though, they're good in summer.

7. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Mike, as a short dude, you might want to buy something that gives you a bit of lift? EDIT: You know, some bucks have a pretty thick sole. Or you could Scott.m out and get creepers
    swag me the fuck out.
    heels? I can't imagine that being my swag. I 5'2" dude nothing is going to make me look tall.
    Bro, get a good pair of bucks, it is blatant that that is what you want and if they work on you then they work. But judging from your fit, and coming from another short dude, you need to dress your height a little better. Stop with boxy work-shirts, they aren't a good look if you're below 5'5 (I just barely make this and even still I haven't been wearing mine much lately.) and anyway, white authentic's are swagged the fuck out.

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

swag me the fuck out.

Bro, get a good pair of bucks, it is blatant that that is what you want and if they work on you then they work. But judging from your fit, and coming from another short dude, you need to dress your height a little better. Stop with boxy work-shirts, they aren't a good look if you're below 5'5 (I just barely make this and even still I haven't been wearing mine much lately.) and anyway, white authentic's are swagged the fuck out.

thanks for the advice dude, I'll go with the bucks and just stick with the cheaper denim (they honestly look pretty decent IMO it would just be kind of nice to join the "omfg i bought deh raw denimz look at mah fadez" club.

agree on the proportions scott. I need to figure out some better outwear for next f/w and definitely need to get my oxfords tailored.

9. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Yeah scott i might swaggerjack the creeper steeze. Maybe not prada, but i need to do more research.

Also, sup uncontrol:
    [​IMG]

10. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

I would never normally recommend cole haan anything but if you have an outlet near you then you can get their bucks for $50 easily, and they look the same as any other plus you'll still have some cash for some vans or whatever too.

11. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

thanks for the advice dude, I'll go with the bucks and just stick with the cheaper denim (they honestly look pretty decent IMO it would just be kind of nice to join the "omfg i bought deh raw denimz look at mah fadez" club.

agree on the proportions scott. I need to figure out some better outwear for next f/w and definitely need to get my oxfords tailored.

And honestly dude, I would urge you to go for a fuller cut. At our height, the slimmer the jeans the shorter you look. I went from wearing a New cure to New Standard, now I would almost get Rescues, but not really. A Levis 514 is your ideal cut brother, see what you can find in that fit, I know my best Junya jeans are in that fit.

And Bro, I didn't invent creepers and I will most likely not fuck with those pradas.

12. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

another option would be to get a really nice slim fit ocbd (epaulet? who makes short oxfords?)...
    And honestly dude, I would urge you to go for a fuller cut. At our height, the slimmer the jeans the shorter you look. I went from wearing a New cure to New Standard, now I would almost get Rescues, but not really. A Levis 514 is your ideal cut brother, see what you can find in that fit, I know my best Junya jeans are in that fit. And Bro, I didn't invent creepers and I will most likely not fuck with those pradas.
    I was really hoping no one called me out on my skinny jeans. I fucking love my skinny jeans.

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I'm not sure tapered trousers make you look shorter. When I wear straight legs it makes me look like i'm standing on two rectangles.

14. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

[​IMG]

LOL WOW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.