Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Persian Bro

hmm, that's an interesting thought. I generally wear shorts in the winter, but this year I'd like to wear pants more often. And since I got my first pair of slim fitting chinos, I can definitely see myself wearing them a lot more than I have in the past. Maybe I should get the shoes and hold off on the denim until late summer when I'll have a job again.

Brosef, when making limited cops like this make sure it's what you actually need and WILL WEAR. If you're not sure don't cop.

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

If this is just something for the spring/summer and you'll have $ to spend in the fall, N&F Lightweight denim might be something to look into. That way, you get some Raw Denimz xp and can still keep your beaters.

3. DLester

DLester Senior member

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Brosef, when making limited cops like this make sure it's what you actually need and WILL WEAR. If you're not sure don't cop.

I mean I wear jeans all the time in f/w/s, just not in summer because it is warm out. But I really do need some nicer shoes for slightly more formal occasions (for example, I was going to a "formal" party and had no idea what to wear for footwear the other day. my boots are work boots and none of my sneakers would have been appropriate).

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

the jil trousers are a dope colour as well.

6. xM.

xM. Senior member

has anybody ordered from Rakuten since they started shipping worldwide? thinkin' of grabbing a shirt.

7. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

not every vendor on rakuten ships worldwide. i was about to but then got free japan proxy no shipping to us so i can't expand any more on this

8. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I mean I wear jeans all the time in f/w/s, just not in summer because it is warm out. But I really do need some nicer shoes for slightly more formal occasions (for example, I was going to a "formal" party and had no idea what to wear for footwear the other day. my boots are work boots and none of my sneakers would have been appropriate).

Bucks are probably not the best choice, then. I would go for wingtips or something.

9. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Bucks are probably not the best choice, then. I would go for wingtips or something.

eh I want to wear them to class and I'd feel a little weird rolling to class in wingtips. Maybe formal was the wrong word. Just something I can wear when I go to a nice restaurant or whatever.

10. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

...sneakers[​IMG] look at mellowfellow: hes one of the best posters. I just saw the uniqlo thread, he had some cropped trousers(which i want because of him and aeglus) and some white cps. simple, clean, classic.

11. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

In my opinion, everyone should have at least one pair of thrifted vintage wingtips. I recommend burgundy! They're great for going to class.

12. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

eh I want to wear them to class and I'd feel a little weird rolling to class in wingtips. Maybe formal was the wrong word. Just something I can wear when I go to a nice restaurant or whatever.

If you're going to class you probably aren't frequenting restaurants with dress codes. Sneakers are fine, as shah said. And for what it's worth, I wear wingtips to class. That or boots or other 'dress' shoes. Sneakers aren't my thing.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

Wingtips are great but not something YOU WILL WEAR often enough to justify buying when you're trying to cultivate a wardrobe therefore will be a waste of money when they're sitting in your closet. You will then seek refuge on sf stating that you should have listened to jetdawg because you ended up going to a restaurant 2x before your gf dumped you (sorry homie just making a point).

14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Wingtips are great but not something YOU WILL WEAR often enough to justify buying when you're trying to cultivate a wardrobe therefore will be a waste of money when they're sitting in your closet. You will then seek refuge on sf stating that you should have listened to jetdawg because you ended up going to a restaurant 2x before your gf dumped you (sorry homie just making a point).

lol jet you're consistently one of my favorite posters on sf.

Sorry guys, but baller sneakers aren't my thing. Until I have a real job I'm not spending $300+ on sneakers. I'm sure they are some awesome fucking sneakers, but just not worth it for me right now.

Jet, do you think I wouldn't get use out of a pair of bucks? I could see myself wearing them to class almost every day and then pick up a pair of simple canvas kicks for other times.

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Mike, as a short dude, you might want to buy something that gives you a bit of lift?

EDIT: You know, some bucks have a pretty thick sole. Or you could Scott.m out and get creepers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.