Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

spotted at aldo

one of my favourite games

Or perhaps he lives in his own internalized world, blissfully ignorant (but not totally ignorant) of the full extent to which others mock him. Some people feel it is more important to be true to an internalized image of self, whereas others will attach importance to conforming to an external image provided by society. An INFP like yourself is quite likely to feel drawn towards the former.

I have spent most days of my life being severely reminded of the full extent to which others mock me. I imagine he is not unaware of it; rather, the people who's opinions actually matter to him won't be inclined to mock him severely.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

Mikey recently threesomed two girls after a fashion week party where he DJ-ed (at Paris hypest/most exclusive club), I defy any of the mofos here to accomplish all this wearing a skirt.
    This happened because he was a dj at a paris club, not because he wore a skirt. He could wear a bigfoot costume and still have done this. ps. someone should dig up his old ndg fits on sufu

3. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Yo would anyone be interested in my Diemme Boots in size 41? May sell them as they're not my swag really.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

He could wear a bigfoot costume and still have done this.
    [​IMG]

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

6. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

^Holy shit, he has an Asian doppelganger!

7. gats

gats Senior member

[​IMG] Possibly the most hideous kicks I've ever seen

8. Shirt+Pants

Shirt+Pants Senior member

9. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I need some kopping advice from my sf friends.

I'm going to have a little free spending money towards the end of march and I'm wondering what I should kop. The options are some nice raw denim or some s/s shoes.

I already have some rigid 511s that I think are pretty much one wash, I like the cut but the denim is probably really low quality and it would be nice to get a decent pair of denim (apc ps or n&f skinny guy, most likely) that will last me a while and will look beautiful once broken in.

On the other hand, if I get denim instead of shoes, I will be rocking pretty basic footwear (probably vans authentics) all summer. Not that that is a horrible thing, but nice footwear really makes fits look nice IMO.

thoughts?

10. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

i picture you rocking chinos more than jeans for some reason, especially in the summer..

11. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

i picture you rocking chinos more than jeans for some reason, especially in the summer..
    hmm, that's an interesting thought. I generally wear shorts in the winter, but this year I'd like to wear pants more often. And since I got my first pair of slim fitting chinos, I can definitely see myself wearing them a lot more than I have in the past. Maybe I should get the shoes and hold off on the denim until late summer when I'll have a job again.

12. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

mike, go with jeans, imo. There's nothing wrong with vans/chucks/whatever beaters you prefer. Just make sure you try them on in person if at all possible. Using your limited resources on a pair of jeans that isn't just right would be a shame.

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

if your making the transition from shorts to pants you might feel uncomfortable and overheated at first. light chinos are better suited for this transition than denims imo. id kop some nice sneakers.

14. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

places to shop in atlanta? gonna be there this weekend with some time to spare

15. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

if your making the transition from shorts to pants you might feel uncomfortable and overheated at first. light chinos are better suited for this transition than denims imo. id kop some nice sneakers.

the nice shoes were going to be bucks, not baller sneakers.

I couldn't really try on the jeans, but I figure if I buy from a good shop (blue owl if I get n&f probably) I can return them if they don't fit. They have to get sent off anyway to get hemmed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.