• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
oh yeah sf...be prepared for lifestyle waywt pics in the new Hopkins Cycling kit

jerseyfront.png

No offense but that shirt is like a perfect storm of douchebaggery.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician

well, it's a cycling jersey and they are traditionally very loud and there is sort of an informal competition among collegiate circles to see who can come up with the most ridiculous kit.

fwiw I didn't design it but I do like it.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician

nah, he didnt go to harvard at least.

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out why yoox has mystery items on their site? I bought some black balenciagas a couple weeks ago and they only showed up in a google shopping search! And it just happened again with a cashmere jil knit. wtf?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
looks silly but also has more courage and sense of adventure than 99% of the posters here, myself included.

sometimes this is not a good thing

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's aldo? i like how they present their items

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
looks silly but also has more courage and sense of adventure than 99% of the posters here, myself included.
Or perhaps he lives in his own internalized world, blissfully ignorant (but not totally ignorant) of the full extent to which others mock him. Some people feel it is more important to be true to an internalized image of self, whereas others will attach importance to conforming to an external image provided by society. An INFP like yourself is quite likely to feel drawn towards the former.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
that's aldo? i like how they present their items
Yes indeed, it's fantastic how they present their shoes on little stacked tables of varied heights-- so innovative. JC Penny does the same thing....
nordstrom-jcpenny-bigmove.jpg

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I would have thought the same two or three years ago. It may just be conditioning, but I'd wear that shirt in a heartbeat. Part of me thinks it's just one of the effects of plaid and flannel burnout. You see an abundance of both even in smaller cities now, so a button-down shirt that isn't plaid, flannel or striped seems refreshing.

See i went from

1. Liking that type of stuff

to

2. Reading "style" blogs and pretending to dislike that stuff because it broke the rules of subtlety or whatever bullshit.

to
3. Liking it again, but still possibly having a bit of groupthink in me.

I wish we could all just go back to stage 1 without anything biasing our own taste.

coldforge

Reaction score
Before you study Zen, mountains are mountains and rivers are rivers; while you are studying Zen, mountains are no longer mountains and rivers are no longer rivers; but once you have had enlightenment mountains are once again mountains and rivers again rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics