Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

The CG I bought off the b&s here was listed at like $450 or something, I got it for 400. It never hurts to ask.

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I was under the impression that b+s, unless explicitly stated otherwise, was a gigantic maroqquian bazaar.

3. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I list items I intend to part with quickly (transaction, ship, ensure receipt) and close down the thread. I don't like maintaining them or fielding a stream of bizarre questions on my items that are strenuous to answer. That's why I try to include as much information as possible. Pics, measurements, flaws - whatever.

I have a lowest price in my head before I take it to eBay. Who you get raeped with anyway with final value fees, etc. But does open your item obviously to a larger market. Recently I couldn't sell a BNWT Tanner belt on SF for $45 bucks shipped. Took it to eBay and sold it ASAP for 60 shipped (then -10% to eBay of course).

I'll consider any offer (even if people are making offers lower than my stated, "final drops"). Extreme low-ballers are ignored. People that give me a respectable, but unacceptable offer, I simply thank them kindly and let me know I can't part at the price. I think I recently had a RC sweatshirt listed for final price of $75. A nice dude came through and offered $70. Said N/P and shipped it that day. All about the ease of transaction.

4. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I'll consider any offer (even if people are making offers lower than my stated, "final drops"). Extreme low-ballers are ignored. People that give me a respectable, but unacceptable offer, I simply thank them kindly and let me know I can't part at the price. I think I recently had a RC sweatshirt listed for final price of $75. A nice dude came through and offered $70. Said N/P and shipped it that day. All about the ease of transaction.

I find stuff like this amusing at least. If the dude was willing to pay 70 he was probably willing to pay 75.

5. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

IMO that kind of offer is used by people that are more or less on the fence about an item. Sort of like: "if this guy's willing to help me out a little, I don't mind giving him my money." That kind of thought process acts as an extra push to purchase.

6. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I find stuff like this amusing at least. If the dude was willing to pay 70 he was probably willing to pay 75.
    I hear ya totally. But I would prefer to just accept the reasonable offer, ship it, and rid myself of the item versus investing the time to counter and try to recover that $5 dollars, which for me, would really just be out of principle -- not that I'm really sweating the 5 bucks. But I know plenty of folks do and that's probably out of necessity and I don't mean to minimize the importance and value of relatively smaller sums of money to those boarders operating with extremely limited means. So many times I've had folks back off a deal over 5 bucks, and the item will then sit....., so I'm always tempted to just accept reasonable offers and just move along to trying to sell the next item.. Everyone has their own personal selling practices and philosophies I'm sure....and so many variables that go into them all.
    IMO that kind of offer is used by people that are more or less on the fence about an item. Sort of like: "if this guy's willing to help me out a little, I don't mind giving him my money." That kind of thought process acts as an extra push to purchase.
    ^agree...

7. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

I hear ya totally. But I would prefer to just accept the reasonable offer, ship it, and rid myself of the item versus investing the time to counter and try to recover that $5 dollars, which for me, would really just be out of principle -- not that I'm really sweating the 5 bucks. But I know plenty of folks do and that's probably out of necessity and I don't mean to minimize the importance and value of relatively smaller sums of money to those boarders operating with extremely limited means.

So many times I've had folks back off a deal over 5 bucks, and the item will then sit....., so I'm always tempted to just accept reasonable offers and just move along to trying to sell the next item..

Everyone has their own personal selling practices and philosophies I'm sure....and so many variables that go into them all.

+1 all of this. Only time I won't negotiate if items are priced ridiculously low - for example, someone tried to offer me $5 for a tie I had listed for $10. Wouldn't have even covered shipping. Obnoxious.

8. Nil

Nil Senior member

I suck at bartering. I was raised with too much of a first world mindset.

9. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I should have added that my willingness to compromise depends largely on whether I have some concept of who the purchaser is and in some cases whether I think the item is going to get a good home. Significantly reduced the pain of selling my last cloak item to Synth, he wears it well. Same with a lot of the stuff I sold in the summer to people I knew.

10. APK

APK Senior member

I was under the impression that b+s, unless explicitly stated otherwise, was a gigantic maroqquian bazaar.

I'll remember this when I PM you at some point about something in your current thread.

11. Synthese

I'll remember this when I PM you at some point about something in your current thread.
    I'm a man of the people. My sale threads never do too well, ha. Thanks for the kind words, AR. The cloak jacket ranks, I think, among hte best purchases of my life.

12. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

idk, I've seen people flake over the tiniest of things or even nothing at all, even after promising to make the purchase. So I might be willing to accept a few dollars less if it seems more likely for the buyer to go through with it.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

I should have added that my willingness to compromise depends largely on whether I have some concept of who the purchaser is and in some cases whether I think the item is going to get a good home. Significantly reduced the pain of selling my last cloak item to Synth, he wears it well. Same with a lot of the stuff I sold in the summer to people I knew.

He sold my blue achilles [​IMG]

14. snake

snake Senior member

idk, I've seen people flake over the tiniest of things or even nothing at all, even after promising to make the purchase. So I might be willing to accept a few dollars less if it seems more likely for the buyer to go through with it.
    I don't understand this sometimes either, and I'm pretty welcome to offers. I've tried to meet people halfway if I think their offer is a bit too steep, and this is usually like $10-15. And I won't ever hear back from them, leaving me somewhat perplexed. If you're already willing to pay 200+ on a pair of pants, what's another $10? Maybe bag a lunch tomorrow? [​IMG]

15. Synthese

it's a duty to distribute steez to those in need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.