Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

It's still weird seeing characters on TV shows wearing Rick leathers.

2. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

Random selling thought: I totally want to knock off another $30 from what's clearly stated as a "final drop." Oh, you live on the other side of the country? That's even better!

i do this and i have no remorse

3. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

i do this and i have no remorse

yeah i have found that a lot of final drops aren't so final. i dont really feel bad about it, its not like im harming anyone by shooting over the price im willing to pay. if anything, not messaging them my offer might prevent them from making a sale they might have otherwise been willing to do

4. APK

APK Senior member

I don't object to trying to get a good deal, but I don't think I've ever asked for more than $5 or $10 to be knocked off a piece and that's usually when it's a piece that's at least a couple of bills. Sellers are generally already taking a loss from the outset before they even get into "drops" territory. It seems rude to ask for an even further reduction on something already heavily marked down. Personal preference, I guess.

5. volatile

volatile Senior member

Stupid, stupid question: [​IMG] I always get confused about what "fits big" mean... does that mean the tagged size is bigger than the fit, or the fit is bigger than the tagged size? Does a "38, fits big" actually fit a 40, or a 36?

6. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

its also rude to barter at a swap meet.

7. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Welcome back, SF!

8. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

9. theom-

theom- Senior member

I thought people on b&S specifically set their prices because they expect people to barter, unless they specifically state that the price is firm. Otherwise is kind of stupid to expect people not to barter.

10. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Stupid, stupid question: [​IMG] I always get confused about what "fits big" mean... does that mean the tagged size is bigger than the fit, or the fit is bigger than the tagged size? Does a "38, fits big" actually fit a 40, or a 36?

The fit is bigger than the tagged size..

whether the manufacturer intends for it to "fit big" is another question..

11. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Best sizing mistake to date: Got a W+H hoodie on sale from Haven that was a size or so too small (I like slim fits, but I don't need my hoodie to show the exact contours of my arms). Gave it to the girl who was visiting me for the weekend. Win for all parties involved. edit:
    Btw, slack - I think you owe me a bump [​IMG]
    Do you really need to use this thread to talk about your cocaine habits?

12. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

whether the manufacturer intends for it to "fit big" is another question..

I have always wondered this. Do designers sometimes cut garments larger because they want them to fit that way?

Btw, slack - I think you owe me a bump [​IMG]

13. APK

APK Senior member

I thought people on b&S specifically set their prices because they expect people to barter, unless they specifically state that the price is firm. Otherwise is kind of stupid to expect people not to barter.

Item in question has gone through a few price drops. At that point, I'm content to try eBay closer to my original asking price. That's the route I'll be taking with this one.

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

yeah i have found that a lot of final drops aren't so final. i dont really feel bad about it, its not like im harming anyone by shooting over the price im willing to pay. if anything, not messaging them my offer might prevent them from making a sale they might have otherwise been willing to do
    As long as it's not unreasonable I don't mind this. Usually just say "no thanks" but if someone wants 10 or 20 bucks off, I can usually accomodate a little leeway. It's when they offer half of what you're asking that it's annoying.

15. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Random selling thought: I totally want to knock off another $30 from what's clearly stated as a "final drop." Oh, you live on the other side of the country? That's even better!

Random Tumblr/blog thought: Am I imagining things or is there this growing sect of fashion "bloggers" whose day-to-day activities seem to be limited to taking pictures of themselves and friends around the city to later post to Tumblr or blog, accompanied by really horrible writing? They don't appear to maintain any actual job, nor does it appear their blogs generate any real income. I'm subsequently left with this impression of teens and young twenty-somethings who are building wardrobes on mom and dad's dime while operating under the guise of a fashion blogger making "big movements" or whatever buzzword/phrase is relevant now.

Maybe it's just that Tumblr and other blogging sites make it possible for these people to document their behavior and thus make it more apparent, since I know kids/teens/young adults swagging out thanks to the 'rents' credit cards isn't some recent trend.

This. Some of these guys need to spend less time blogging and audit a few English classes at a local community college.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.