1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meis

Meis Distinguished Member

USPS tracking really sucks- that's what's going on. Anything from the UK has said that it's stuck in customs until the moment it is actually delivered.

I've found domestic tracking to be ok, but yeah int'l is horrible.

I've gotten packages from Australia and Canada... every time it says "origin post is preparing shipment" until the day I actually receive it.

2. afc345

afc345 Senior Member

It does suck, but this one is going out from CA to Norway, so shouldn't take that long... Noisance

3. GlenCoe

GlenCoe Senior Member

[​IMG]

4. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

[​IMG]

if this is a question, the answer is yes

5. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Distinguished Member

GlenCoe, tell me more about that backpack

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

its a porter for starters, dont know much more about it

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

why do people care how other people dress? Car nerds probably ask why you don't drive a fully loaded car and you could come up with many reasons why. Aren't clothes just the same?

i think he was talking about people who post here :S

8. GlenCoe

GlenCoe Senior Member

it's junya x porter colabo, looks hot

9. mike868y

mike868y Distinguished Member

oh. I took it to mean the general public. But yeah, makes sense if talking about people posting here (unless they have no sartorial sense at all and want advice).

10. sipang

sipang Distinguished Member

Item : Junya x Porter daypack

Availabilty : keep dreaming

Master-Piece probably has something similar in stock

edit : GlenCoe was faster !

11. APK

APK Distinguished Member

Random selling thought: I totally want to knock off another $30 from what's clearly stated as a "final drop." Oh, you live on the other side of the country? That's even better!

Random Tumblr/blog thought: Am I imagining things or is there this growing sect of fashion "bloggers" whose day-to-day activities seem to be limited to taking pictures of themselves and friends around the city to later post to Tumblr or blog, accompanied by really horrible writing? They don't appear to maintain any actual job, nor does it appear their blogs generate any real income. I'm subsequently left with this impression of teens and young twenty-somethings who are building wardrobes on mom and dad's dime while operating under the guise of a fashion blogger making "big movements" or whatever buzzword/phrase is relevant now.

Maybe it's just that Tumblr and other blogging sites make it possible for these people to document their behavior and thus make it more apparent, since I know kids/teens/young adults swagging out thanks to the 'rents' credit cards isn't some recent trend.

12. volatile

volatile Senior Member

Spot on.

13. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Distinguished Member

Random Tumblr/blog thought: Am I imagining things or is there this growing sect of fashion "bloggers" whose day-to-day activities seem to be limited to taking pictures of themselves and friends around the city to later post to Tumblr or blog, accompanied by really horrible writing? They don't appear to maintain any actual job, nor does it appear their blogs generate any real income.

Maybe it's just that Tumblr and other blogging sites make it possible for these people to document their behavior and thus make it more apparent, since I know kids/teens/young adults swagging out thanks to the 'rents' credit cards isn't some recent trend.

I basically do this. It's called being a student. No rent's credit card involved tho.

A digi camera with a b&w setting and a HP laptop on sale aren't too pricey and neither is cheap beer or foxy hipster friends as long as you maintain a decent bodyfat percentage and have tee shirts of noisy bands that were big in NY in the early nineties.

14. APK

APK Distinguished Member

I was a student until last spring and still found it difficult to have enough "disposable" income for much once I paid rent, utilities, car payment/insurance, cable, phone bill, student loans, etc. And that was even living in a pretty affordable apartment and having a couple of side sources of income.

edit: also, Mag, my heart gently wept that you didn't reply to my PM a couple days back.

15. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Distinguished Member

I was a student until last spring and still found it difficult to have enough "disposable" income for much once I paid rent, utilities, car payment/insurance, cable, phone bill, student loans, etc. And that was even living in a pretty affordable apartment and having a couple of side sources of income.

edit: also, Mag, my heart gently wept that you didn't reply to my PM a couple days back.

My bad, My brother dropped my laptop down the stairs two days before the start of my semester so I've been stealing my friend's computers when I can get them.

Re: Nick K sizing I found it to be TTS but slim. I am also in much better shape since I wrote about it last year so it may just be TTS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.