1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

whodini - the reason is always "strategy." that's how u justify shit that doesn't make short term financial sense. if 2 million a year or some shit in capital leases doesn't discourage you i don't know what will.

2. Desi

Desi Senior member

Speaking of industry shit, what is going on with Gibo and losing their contracts? First V&R, now MJ Collection. Haven't seen Chalayan in a while so I don't know about that...

Are they just too expensive/slow/small? Bummer because the quality slide is apparent. [​IMG]

blah Marc Jacobs mens mainline actually looked sort of interesting for S/S 12. Can't say the same for V&R though.

3. whodini

whodini Senior member

whodini - the reason is always "strategy." that's how u justify shit that doesn't make short term financial sense. if 2 million a year or some shit in capital leases doesn't discourage you i don't know what will.
    I just thought the "strategy" would have happened like... three years ago? when premium denim was already on a downswing. But maybe they're getting advice from Nokia's people. Makes sense. Wonder how APC's shop is doing.

4. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Anyone who is willing to do some Ebay bidding + shipping. Pm me price, the piece is a sweater, and i would need it shipped to Denmark.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Why is Nudies opening up a Melrose flagship considering the economy, saturated denim market, their already-healthy distribution throughout LA, etc. ?

They seem to be repositioning themselves as a fashion company, but much more accessible than Acne, Filippa K., etc... In other words, douche-easy, sort of like an upscale Lucky. I could see it working.

They have enough distribution that even my BJJ trainer wants a pair, and LA will always have a large audience for conspicuously branded, easy to wear clothing at high, but not too high, prices.

And self stores give companies a way to control their brand image.

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

Wait till you see the location...

7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

It's pretty hard not to look good playing in a jazz band. Saw a band last night, ill fitting suits all around. Didn't matter once they started jamming.

8. robin

robin Senior member

They seem to be repositioning themselves as a fashion company, but much more accessible than Acne, Filippa K., etc... In other words, douche-easy, sort of like an upscale Lucky. I could see it working. They have enough distribution that even my BJJ trainer wants a pair, and LA will always have a large audience for conspicuously branded, easy to wear clothing at high, but not too high, prices. And self stores give companies a way to control their brand image.
    The only times I ever got compliments from women on my denim were when I was wearing a pair of Nudies. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I saw a homeless guy in nudies last week.

10. Louis Toadvine

Louis Toadvine Well-Known Member

I saw a homeless guy in nudies last week.
    The ultimate denim purist recipe, living on the streets for 6 months before first wash.

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i see nudies everywhere x_x

12. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I've seen them twice in the wild (in Philly), not including looking down while wearing them. Re: Man of Moods, I really like my silk/tensile/cotton u-neck. Really wanted the half-sleeve in red when Blue Owl was selling off back stock, but someone barely beat me to it. [​IMG] I almost never wear white clothing. It stays white for maybe three wears on me.

13. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

[​IMG] barneys had a pair of n&f x big john in my size but I had to wait to get paid this week to have the $, now they're gone. mom offered to front me the money but I felt bad so I waited. oh well.

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

My CK Collection shirt shrank to the point that it's a bit too tight in the chest (I still get shocked when things are too small for me), guess that's what $25 gets you

15. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

I just thought the "strategy" would have happened like... three years ago? when premium denim was already on a downswing.

But maybe they're getting advice from Nokia's people. Makes sense.

Wonder how APC's shop is doing.

damn son that's a low blow. nokia n9 is a pretty ill phone if u really look at it. or are you talking about their asian market strategy? people taking potshots at nokia on all fronts.

16. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

The ultimate denim purist recipe, living on the streets for 6 months before first wash.
    i dont know if you're trying to be a wiseass but i think selfedge actually gave some jeans to some guy who was homeless / nearly homeless by choice. i think he was a cook or some shit. push dem fadez to the next level. get them nudies hella mint. MY NUDIES ARE HELLA MINT. here's the evidence: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=32224

17. whodini

whodini Senior member

[​IMG] barneys had a pair of n&f x big john in my size but I had to wait to get paid this week to have the $, now they're gone. mom offered to front me the money but I felt bad so I waited. oh well.
    You aren't missing out/people will figure that out themselves and put theirs on B&S.
    damn son that's a low blow. nokia n9 is a pretty ill phone if u really look at it. or are you talking about their asian market strategy? people taking potshots at nokia on all fronts.

I'm talking about Nokia (I mean, Samsung) going bankrupt for putting money in the wrong places.

18. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

IMO nokia is still in the game and still deserves to be a player. they pass the mobb deep "shook test." they still got market share and they're dominating low end phones. ok so right now people are trying to make the strongest phone but who says that will make sense 10 years from now? might just push shit to cloud in 10 years like the current computer situation.

19. whodini

whodini Senior member

20. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

lets die everything indigo and not wash it for 6 months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.