Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Bitch shut your mouth. You read Hell Blazer.
    i mean in the synthese form of fashion-as-roleplay:
    well said, uncontrol. I think what Kunk is reacting to (maybe?) is that there are posters (and obviously WAYWT is the only way, limited and imperfect as it is, to judge this) who seem to be stuck in the "what should I do" phase, and don't necessarily learn or think, but just react to every criticism, whether it's valid or not. Basing your purchases off of what a bunch of strangers on the internet tell you looks good (familiarity with sizing, construction, etc. is a different boat, I think), is pretty stupid. That doesn't mean that someone posting a picture and getting responses like "doesn't fit," "silhouette is wrong," and that sort of thing, isn't valuable. Ultimately, we're all in this to become responsible "readers" of fashion - like everything else, it's intimately tied to and infinitely removed from its context. That's why people "rag on Old Navy wearers," or whatever was said - if, after experimentation, you decide that all you want is to own a JCrew store, or six pairs of STF Levi's, more power to you, I guess. But I do think that SoCal was right, to an extent, about clothes vs. fashion - and again, that's dependent on the person - but for me, there's no (or at least, less) fantasy involved in wearing flannel and raw denim. It's not about blending in versus not blending in or anything like that, it's more about the really cerebral aspects of why you wear what you wear. I realize I'm meandering now, but it's early, so I'll stop. tl;dr: fashion is basically dungeons and dragons.
    Also, it's Hellblazer. One word. [​IMG]

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

http://hypebeast.com/2011/01/naked-f...er-collection/

YO DAWG CHECK OUT MY REVERSE FADES

[​IMG] Gimmicks. I'll make it a point to pick up something ridiculous if it makes it to the sale rack in my size. Probably not the reverse-fade jobbies, though; I don't think I'd wanna start crocking white resin all over my clothes and furniture.

3. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

[​IMG] Gimmicks. I'll make it a point to pick up something ridiculous if it makes it to the sale rack in my size. Probably not the reverse-fade jobbies, though; I don't think I'd wanna start crocking white resin all over my clothes and furniture.
    That du rolled me a fat spliff once. too much tobacco though I coughed like a motherfucker. Used a N&F business card as the mouthpiece, it was cute.

4. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

damn! which one of you bought this: [​IMG]
    http://www.oki-ni.com/mens-jackets/r...vt/raf0648bur/

i missed out on this and a bbs "coat". anybody know the guy who bought the raf or bbs, shoot me a pm..maybe he'll sell??

why would you want that thing?
    A) its pretty fugly
    B) what the fuck would you wear it with?

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

I was thinking of wearing it with indigo jeans, casually.

6. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Have you seen that shit in person dude? Is awful.

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

Tokyo +
    also seeing deerhunter this weekend, and national and belle and sebastian the weekend after. Fuck yeah, civilization!!
    Quite jealous!

8. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

I am looking for Jil Sander Spring Summer 2011 straight/tapered leg pants. The runway ones. In any material really. Ideally black but am also interested in the other colors. Barney's doesn't have any yet.

Does anyone know of any places that have received such thing yet?

9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

No. But I know it's fleece so I would expect some ugly-factor to it.

10. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

That Kiya tweet is hilarious. He's got jeans dialed, but most of the outerwear/shirts (aside from some flannels) look pretty shitty. for example: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

also seeing deerhunter this weekend, and national and belle and sebastian the weekend after. Fuck yeah, civilization!!
    I really wanna see Deerhunter again. The only time I saw them, the sound at the venue was terrible. I wish Dismemberment Plan wasn't playing the same venue when they come here next week. edit: I have an extra ticket to the show (Starlight Ballroom in Philly next Thursday) if anyone's interested. PM me.
    That du rolled me a fat spliff once. too much tobacco though I coughed like a motherfucker. Used a N&F business card as the mouthpiece, it was cute.
    Ha, ha, awesome.

12. aether

aether Senior member

i saw that Travis guy from Street Etiquette yesterday when I went to Opening Ceremony. heh

13. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

and belle and sebastian the weekend after. Fuck yeah, civilization!!

fox in the snow, where do you go. Bring it back to 1998!

14. wangvicous

wangvicous Senior member

I need a bathrobe, I was looking at the Standard one. What do you guys have?

15. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

once i came across the stock room of bath towels at the plaza hotel, the door was half open so i peaked inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.