Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

I dunno about that. A lot of the fits here, especially the gothninja shit, basically revolve around being skinny as fuck. If you become a grownup you can get yourself into shape, but you're not gonna get SKINNY. Some killer lats are not gonna behoove uncontrol's currently youthful figure.

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

look at Rick Owens

3. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Do any overweight members pull off the g-ninja look with any success out of curiosity? I guess it is a look reserved almost exclusively for the tall, slight, thin and famished as you point out. Doma damir with a belly poking out, mid section, would probably look funny.

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

[​IMG]
    call me el duderino also, surprisingly you can say most things on this forum, but people get all anal if someone calls them gay. I remember I got banned cuz I was playfully saying niggah in a non derogatory way and people acted like they had sand in their vags. lol @ chasingred, though

5. snake

snake Senior member

If you look at the waywt over on sz you'll see that not everyone that subscribes to the goth ninja aesthetic is lanky and malnourished. I'm a pretty small guy and thats only because of my genetics. That's what I think anyways as I'm constantly studying my face with greasy chinese food and pizza.

6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Do any overweight members pull off the g-ninja look with any success out of curiosity?
    [​IMG]

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

kunk

case in point, but he isn't fat.

8. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Kunk isn't overweight you idiot

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

yah, I added he isn't fat cuz I knew someone would think thats what I meant. Jesus, so quick to jump the gun.

10. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Do any overweight members pull off the g-ninja look with any success out of curiosity? I guess it is a look reserved almost exclusively for the tall, slight, thin and famished as you point out. Doma damir with a belly poking out, mid section, would probably look funny.

I dunno if you actually have any idea what Damir Doma looks like, but if you peep the FW10 runway show, you will see that the heavy, round, extremely layered clothes would actually work with a less athletic physique and even perhaps with a belly. Many of the models in that show appear to be in their late 30's, some possibly 40's and 50's. Looks like some Jedi shit.

Julius or Rick Owens would not work with a belly.

I dunno, having a belly seems like something that can probably be avoided. On the flip side, I've been working out a bit recently and apparently need to tone it down, I don't fit into 36 blazers anymore. [​IMG]

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

Julius is especially meant for people who are tall with a slender physique. The dramatic draping would never work on someone large.

12. the shah

skinneeee [​IMG]

13. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I dunno if you actually have any idea what Damir Doma looks like, but if you peep the FW10 runway show, you will see that the heavy, round, extremely layered clothes would actually work with a less athletic physique and even perhaps with a belly. Many of the models in that show appear to be in their late 30's, some possibly 40's and 50's. Looks like some Jedi shit. Julius or Rick Owens would not work with a belly. I dunno, having a belly seems like something that can probably be avoided. On the flip side, I've been working out a bit recently and apparently need to tone it down, I don't fit into 36 blazers anymore. [​IMG]
    No, in full disclosure, I don't know damir doma intimately. I did a quick google image search to see if the designer would be a sufficient reference for my post and the pics I saw led me to believe it was. So I guess it would go w/o saying I did not peep the FW runway show nor have I ever peeped a runway show [​IMG] I just wait for the clothes to be offered for sale then decide if I like them. Unorthodox approach, possibly, but just me. Post pics of dude in late 30's 40's etc rocking Damir with a possible belly as mentioned above? Curious to see this look....I have a funny picture in my mind and want to see if it is justified or not. and fwiw, anytime I sense my clothes tightening as a result of muscle mass (which I don't want, personally) I just increase my cardio and self weight exercises. For me it's front grip pullups that jack my lats and stress the buttons on button downs, for P2P.

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

anyways, i was looking at the tag on my kzo cardigan and i found this to be funny.

[​IMG]

15. the shah

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.