Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nil

Nil Senior member

From FS: Men's Clothing
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    All Sutor. Impolyt_one eat your heart out.

Too bad it's all for tiny footed individuals.

2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Little gnome shoes

3. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

im looking for slim, unlined/very thinly lined, black leather gloves that dont look like ass; does anyone have any suggestions? ~xpost from ask a question sticky~

4. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Not looking for any sort of "thanks" or anything at all aside for this post to pass quietly in the night, but I want to say that Makeshift_Robot seems to be of above average intelligence and it is a genuine pleasure to read his postings which seem to be nearly always earnest, interesting, accurate, and well thought out. (0)

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Lol I agree. I'd like to see him and bb1 debate. I enjoy reading bb1's insightful comments.

6. LionelFrankenstein

LionelFrankenstein Senior member

im looking for slim, unlined/very thinly lined, black leather gloves that dont look like ass; does anyone have any suggestions? ~xpost from ask a question sticky~

I got some from Chester Jefferies the Paris model to be specific. Prepare for Isotoner/hitman/driving glove references haha

7. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

I got some from Chester Jefferies the Paris model to be specific. Prepare for Isotoner/hitman/driving glove references haha

Hmm some of these look pretty nice, how's the quality on your Paris gloves, and what material did you get them in

8. LionelFrankenstein

LionelFrankenstein Senior member

I got cape in black. As per quality they are my first forray into leather gloves so I don't really have much reference but the quality satisfies my expectation though I've only had them for a few months.

9. wangvicous

wangvicous Senior member

I have tiny hands and I only found a pair last year at club monaco of all places that actually fit

10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I don't have a problem with normal people not sharing an interest for clothing but i always find it odd on a hobbyist fashion forum (and not a general honestforum safe type thing but more of an in depth niche fashion/style/clothing forum) that there are always so many people who poo poo the idea of spending money on clothes and try to break other people down for doing so. Like joining a hot rod forum and talking about how building, racing, and spending money on hot rods is a waste of time and the money could be better spent elsewhere. Generally, it comes from people who are either cheap or don't have the money or want to put in the extra time that the other poorer chaps do to make up for not spending much on clothes. edit: some energetic trolls should start joining hot rod forums and convince them to buy rick owens and raf simons. would be low to mild entertainment at least [​IMG]
    To be fair, though, this is style forum, not expensive clothing forum. They are rarely one and the same. Check out Stanley Van Buren's recent fit pics and tell me that guy's not spending close to a thousand dollars to look like an extra from High Fidelity -- a look that can be and is achieved by college students / record store employees for pennies. People who believe a $200 cotton shirt from wings + horns is inherently, objectively better than the same plaid offerings from Eddie Bauer have simply been reading this forum too long.

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

People who believe a $200 cotton shirt from wings + horns is inherently, objectively better than the same plaid offerings from Eddie Bauer have simply been reading this forum too long.
    Uh. Okay. Except they are objectively better. "Think" doesn't enter into it. That's what "objectively" means.

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

No, you can believe one thing to be objectively better than another, when in reality, it is not. I like the wings + horns shirts just fine, but how anyone can believe they are better 'quality' than similarly produced shirts is beyond me. It's just marketing.

Not that I'm on a campaign against frivolous spending or anything -- (I bought a first edition Gravity's Rainbow when I already own the $10 version...that's my vice) -- it's just weird and slightly comical how self-deluding people can be regarding...garments. (How dare Sam Walton not dress in SF approved quackery? He was RICH!)

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

To be fair, though, this is style forum, not expensive clothing forum. They are rarely one and the same. Check out Stanley Van Buren's recent fit pics and tell me that guy's not spending close to a thousand dollars to look like an extra from High Fidelity -- a look that can be and is achieved by college students / record store employees for pennies.

I suppose you conveniently discount the people who spend a lot of money and look great doing it?

14. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Then what's the point ...? That you can spend a lot of money and still look like shit? Because I don't think that's news to anyone here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.