Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I like how the general attitude of this forum is that we are somehow represent a more advanced, upper echelon of society because are willing to spend thousands of dollars on expensive clothes and endure near castration to get a good fitting pair of jeans. People value some things more than others - there are probably posters here that have wardrobes worth tens of thousands of dollars but live in tiny studio apartments with all their furniture from IKEA. Clothing, the way people on Styleforum approach it, is just a hobby. Hobbyists tend to have this childlike need to question why everybody else doesn't share their hobby, and view them as inferior for not sharing it. I don't really give a shit what other people wear - they probably have better ways to spend their money, and I'll just look better in comparison.
    Lol, agreed.

2. Meis

Meis Senior member

I like how the general attitude of this forum is that we are somehow represent a more advanced, upper echelon of society because are willing to spend thousands of dollars on expensive clothes and endure near castration to get a good fitting pair of jeans. People value some things more than others - there are probably posters here that have wardrobes worth tens of thousands of dollars but live in tiny studio apartments with all their furniture from IKEA. Clothing, the way people on Styleforum approach it, is just a hobby. Hobbyists tend to have this childlike need to question why everybody else doesn't share their hobby, and view them as inferior for not sharing it. I don't really give a shit what other people wear - they probably have better ways to spend their money, and I'll just look better in comparison.
    ur doing it wrong Also, I don't think people here really question why everyone else doesn't share our interest to the extent we do. People on SF don't think that everyone should go out and buy $$$ worth of Jil or something. They just wish that people would dress a little less shitty. Actually as to furniture - some of the MC guys have some pretty baller homes and furniture... people in SW&D don't mostly b/c this side of the forum is generally younger and guys are still moving around a lot and so aren't yet ready to invest in nicer furniture even if they're interested in doing so

3. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

If everyone dressed less shitty, we wouldn't look so exceptionally fucking gorgeous. Amiright? [​IMG]

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

I think I just lost about 25 iq points reading ctk's posts.

5. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

some interesting words

I don't really know what your point is.

People in my area tend to spend lots of money on piss beer and electronics. I'm opposed to cheap plastic shit, ugly shit made for tasteless people, and shit that will only ever lower people's standards and make the world worse. Those are the tenets of my faith. They aren't too clear or defensible.

In Bruges was a fantastic movie. For extra fun, watch it while pretending all the characters are actually the people their actors played in Harry Potter, masquerading as muggles (Colin Farrell and Jordan Prentice are two muggles who don't know what they're getting into). SPOILER: The fight between Voldemort and Mad-Eye Moody acquires just layers and layers of wizarding subtext.

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

In Bruges was a fantastic movie. For extra fun, watch it while pretending all the characters are actually the people their actors played in Harry Potter, masquerading as muggles (Colin Farrell and Jordan Prentice are two muggles who don't know what they're getting into). SPOILER: The fight between Voldemort and Mad-Eye Moody acquires just layers and layers of wizarding subtext.
    Before making the following comment I will draw your attention to the fact that not too long ago we had a reasonably protracted discussion about the relative quality of sountracks from various Final Fantasy games.

Now then.

This is quite simply the geekiest, nerdiest thing ever posted on styleforum.

All, please resume posting stuff about how people should generally dress better.

7. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Before making the following comment I will draw your attention to the fact that not too long ago we had a reasonably protracted discussion about the relative quality of sountracks from various Final Fantasy games.
    Last night at the thrift store where I volunteer, the soundtrack to one of the Sonic the Hedgehog games (2, maybe?) came up in the mix of however many bajillion CDs they have in rotation. It was like the part where you beat the game and they play the theme from each one of the levels in sequence. It was pretty awesome.

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I need more slim fit trousers in my life. also, I'm supposed to be getting a package today. ups says it is delivered but my stupid school mailroom says I have no packages [​IMG]

9. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

The neck detail on the middle one is awesome.

11. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I don't have a problem with normal people not sharing an interest for clothing but i always find it odd on a hobbyist fashion forum (and not a general honestforum safe type thing but more of an in depth niche fashion/style/clothing forum) that there are always so many people who poo poo the idea of spending money on clothes and try to break other people down for doing so. Like joining a hot rod forum and talking about how building, racing, and spending money on hot rods is a waste of time and the money could be better spent elsewhere. Generally, it comes from people who are either cheap or don't have the money or want to put in the extra time that the other poorer chaps do to make up for not spending much on clothes. edit: some energetic trolls should start joining hot rod forums and convince them to buy rick owens and raf simons. would be low to mild entertainment at least [​IMG]

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

From FS: Men's Clothing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All Sutor. Impolyt_one eat your heart out.

14. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

I don't really know what your point is.

People in my area tend to spend lots of money on piss beer and electronics. I'm opposed to cheap plastic shit, ugly shit made for tasteless people, and shit that will only ever lower people's standards and make the world worse. Those are the tenets of my faith. They aren't too clear or defensible.

Read my post again dawg, you're proving my point exactly.

To get this thread back on track: holy shit at those shoes.

15. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

edit: odds are no one wants to hear me explain/embarass myself for two paragraphs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.