1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Senior member

yes, no problems except on ice

2. the shah

the shah Senior member

every tried walking on wet tile/pavement with crepe though? bad experiences in my clarks db days...
    the problem was specific to the footwear. i love to splish splash with crepe soles and going downhill becomes a breeze when there's snow on the ground. everything ok with the recent double-quake ?

3. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

yeah that's down in christchurch, but thanks for asking. no family down there either, fortunately.

It's not even about the damage any more, it's just that they keep coming. After the first 2 quakes last year and in February and the hundred or so fatalities, people were shocked but they we enthusastic about "rising up and out" and all that. spirits were high.

But they've been trying to rebuild for months now and the aftershocks are still coming. they're getting a bit fed up. a couple of insurance companies have gone under, and the CBD is still inaccessible. it's all a bit depressing really.

4. the shah

the shah Senior member

Every Aussie I've spoken to even says, go to NZ nice vacation. I don't know about Raz but I still have reservations as to whether he's a spam bot. But how can I visit if it's like that ??

5. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

haha...that's just christchurch. It's pretty ironic since Christchuch is one of the few cities in NZ not on a faultline.

It's so weird cos everywhere else in the country is perfectly fine and somewhat oblivious.

It's also annoying because all of the Rugby World Cup games have had to be moved out of Christchurch...They're probably the most rugby mad city too. sucks. All the semi finals and the final will be in Auckland, at the stadium literally around the corner from my flat. Will be interesting.

6. robin

robin Senior member

7. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

[​IMG] are those kanken's in the background!?

8. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

iirc, tonio, the shirts seem to fit larger in the shoulders and tts everywhere else. i remember trying one just one native son shirt, was two-tone, and the shoulders were probably an inch to wide (size small) - probably 17 inches... but that's just one shirt i tried

Awesome, Briza. THe two tone from this current season? That's the answer I was hoping for so I appreciate that!

9. BB1

BB1 Senior member

[​IMG] hype hype hype hype hype
    What would everyone think if we replaced the giant "N" with a D&G, Diesel, G-Star, or LV logo? I predict nobody here would accept it. Or what if we just remove the "N" entirely and have no logo? While there might initially be some acceptance among forum members, ultimately this design would be a failure too since the shoe might be mistaken as some generic colorful shoe from Walmart. Ultimately the NB logo is a key part of selling point (even for forum members here).

10. snake

snake Senior member

11. chunkmo

chunkmo Well-Known Member

How does that work... I thought any designs the fashion industry are free reign. Arent CP Achillies almost a direct rip of Adidas Rod Laver Vintage, Visvim/Converse, MMM GATS/original GATS etc?

Yeah, i'd have to say some of the appeal is to do with the NB logo. If it had LV, Diesel etc it'd get a bad wrap cause theres negative connotations with those brands already. They already scream dad-sneakers to me so removal of the NB logo probably wouldnt improve them any

12. snake

snake Senior member

Yeah there's no copyright protection, only trademark protection. Pretty sure they eventually settled out of court. While I think it's a good thing that such protection doesn't exist, it does leave a bad taste in my mouth when I see one designer blatantly copying another.

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

Every Aussie I've spoken to even says, go to NZ nice vacation. I don't know about Raz but I still have reservations as to whether he's a spam bot. But how can I visit if it's like that ??
    What the fuck shah??? Spam bot?? Fuck man I thought you loved me [​IMG] NZ is really nice. If people want to visit Australia / NZ I would say this: Brisbane for lifestyle (Warm in summer, can go to Gold Coast + Sunshine Coast for surfing / swimming / amazing islands Sydney for food (Has all our best restaurants but pretty ugly city IMO, would stay 2-3 days Thurs - Sat and pack a few places in) NZ / Tasmania for rediculously beautiful landscapes, Tasmania also has a really good wine / spirits industry (lots of single malts IIRC) and its pretty cheap to stay down there

14. Razele

Razele Senior member

every tried walking on wet tile/pavement with crepe though? bad experiences in my clarks db days...

yes, no problems except on ice

the problem was specific to the footwear. i love to splish splash with crepe soles and going downhill becomes a breeze when there's snow on the ground.

everything ok with the recent double-quake ?

+1 clarks db's being shit

Had this problem all the time with mine and my PH chukkas are awesome at not slipping.

Those trickers last page are dope, I sorta want some dark grey suede ones with a crepe wedge sole [​IMG]

15. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Yeah there's no copyright protection, only trademark protection. Pretty sure they eventually settled out of court. While I think it's a good thing that such protection doesn't exist, it does leave a bad taste in my mouth when I see one designer blatantly copying another.

Is the LV shoe a case of blatant copying while the myriad of Converse/GAT derivatives are not?

In general, physical items that have practical utility do not have copyright protection. This is why stuff like clothing and furniture can be copied with little fear of legal issues, but the same is not true for a painting.

16. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

+1 clarks db's being shit

Had this problem all the time with mine and my PH chukkas are awesome at not slipping.

Those trickers last page are dope, I sorta want some dark grey suede ones with a crepe wedge sole [​IMG]

Dark grey suede would be baller as shit, though would like the white vibram sole more

17. snake

snake Senior member

Is the LV shoe a case of blatant copying while the myriad of Converse/GAT derivatives are not?

They all are, to varying degrees. MMM gats are "replicas" of the originals (even stamped right on the shoe itself). With the case of the lv sneakers, they essentially lifted the "N" and replaced it with their own logo passing it as their own. I believe theres a difference between taking inspiration from a design and making a direct copy off someone elses.

18. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

..and hopefully the designers should feel ashamed of themselves. cough*DANIELE ALESSANDRINI cough*[​IMG]

19. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

the greatest pleasures in life: a new pair of uni-qlo socks, and when california love comes on at a club

20. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

yeah, nothing beats a fresh pair of socks straight outta the package!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.