Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Just realized that f/w 2011 shows start this weekend. Woah.

2. Lel

Lel Senior member

I swear to god sometimes SF is two different forums. I just spent some of the worst minutes of my life browsing the peacoat thread, GAP denim thread, and the ask question/recommend n00b threads. What the fuck [​IMG]

3. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

What's the deal with brown and black? I've always known it to be that you never wear them together, like brown pants and black shoes, etc. But for the past couple of years it's started to emerge more. I even see it used on clothing sites sometimes. Is it okay now so long as the shades look good together or something? Would say, wearing brown boots with dark indigo jeans and a black winter coat work?

4. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

What's the deal with brown and black? I've always known it to be that you never wear them together, like brown pants and black shoes, etc. But for the past couple of years it's started to emerge more. I even see it used on clothing sites sometimes. Is it okay now so long as the shades look good together or something? Would say, wearing brown boots with dark indigo jeans and a black winter coat work?

It either looks good or it doesn't, and that's all there is to it. If you don't have a sense of color, messing around with brown/black or black/navy probably isn't a good idea. There are a lot of shades, contexts, and textures for any color; text is not a good way to convey your question. Maybe post up a fit in WAYWT instead?

5. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I swear to god sometimes SF is two different forums. I just spent some of the worst minutes of my life browsing the peacoat thread, GAP denim thread, and the ask question/recommend n00b threads. What the fuck [​IMG]
    You must lead an awesome life, even forum wise SF isn't that bad

6. DLester

DLester Senior member

Those are idiotic, but there are far stranger SF dark corners. Lurk some of the CE threads. It is an alt universe Style Forum.

7. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

It either looks good or it doesn't, and that's all there is to it. If you don't have a sense of color, messing around with brown/black or black/navy probably isn't a good idea. There are a lot of shades, contexts, and textures for any color; text is not a good way to convey your question. Maybe post up a fit in WAYWT instead?

Thanks for the suggestion. Posting a picture would probably be the best be for me.

8. aether

aether Senior member

__

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Seriously, they're in their own world and luckily they don't venture out into the real threads.

10. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Then stay the fuck out of them.

11. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Then stay the fuck out of them.

Ha! You sure told him!

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Seriously, they're in their own world and luckily they don't venture out into the real threads.

Who's in their own little world again?

13. DLester

DLester Senior member

Who's in their own little world again?

obvious alt account

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

He sure told me!

15. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

how much could i get on ebay for that black/white cloack slashneck mesh sweater? I haven't worn the thing in like a year so figure i should get rid of it? just curious. would love to have monies instead of it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.