• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would wear Prada creepers.
00010m.jpg
00130m.jpg

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What type of light bulb is best for showing the true color of leather? New boots got delivered today, color is supposedly taupe. Under incandescent light they look much more gray with a slight tinge of green. With a halogen lamp it's more of a plain brown, which is still nice but boring in comparison.... will have to wait until tomorrow morning to see what they look like in natural light....

transient

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
What type of light bulb is best for showing the true color of leather? New boots got delivered today, color is supposedly taupe. Under incandescent light they look much more gray with a slight tinge of green. With a halogen lamp it's more of a plain brown, which is still nice but boring in comparison.... will have to wait until tomorrow morning to see what they look like in natural light....

the huge ass light bulb in the sky?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have to say that tres bien has the best service of any shop I've dealt with over the years. I'm not going to get into the details but twice I've contacted them for help that I needed and they more than came through, I mean it's to the point where it's ridiculous. Just recently I had another positive experience and it was amazing what these guys do, if only I could find a chick that satisfied me like that.

There is no other shop that has the combination of excellent buys, styling, selection, service, fast (and cheap) shipping (23 bux for 2 day shipping from sweden are you kidding?) than these guys. I've deterred people from shopping elsewhere previously and they always make me glad that I've supported them in the past. Great bunch of guys over there, still can't get over that fact. I'd even go so far as to say I'd rather cop something at full pop from them than on sale elsewhere because not many shops I've dealt with gave a **** or two about the customer and refuse to accommodate.

*edit - maybe this should go in the tbs thread too

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I can't imagine you wearing anything other than black leather shoes or boots to be honest. Then again I don't think you do.

Haha word. Want to give me a Korean b-boy makeover in Seoul?

MortyGras

Reaction score
5270520-origpic-805404.jpg_0_0_100_100_375_565_100.jpg
I have no idea how this thing is still available in small, medium and large when it's 33% of. It's litterally one of the most flattering sweaters you will ever get your hands on.

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
pretty cool online store. Some old raf but expensive.

http://www.ln-cc.com/men/raf-simons-...cat/rafsimons/

i think someone made a thread about this a while ago. i wonder if some of the pieces posted there ever make their way onto ebay for a fraction of the price.

as for GAT's, i've only ever owned the original ones, and they're my favorite sneakers. i always thought the bolder designs (paint, floral, elephant sack) looked pretty cool, but they're not something i would buy.

feliks

Reaction score
i really wish ray-ban re-released aviators with ambermatic lens. i would buy vintage if they didn't all have scratches that are noticeable/annoying/distracting on the lens :/.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
never owned boatshoes, redwings, german army trainers, or bucks. Will not own creepers either.

Yup to all of those. Wouldn't mind a pair of original GATs, but I don't have any baller sneakers at all. Usually my size never makes it to sales and I'm not so hot on dropping serious coin on a pair of sneakers.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MortyGras
5270520-origpic-805404.jpg_0_0_100_100_375_565_100.jpg

I have no idea how this thing is still available in small, medium and large when it's 33% of. It's litterally one of the most flattering sweaters you will ever get your hands on.

It's a ribbed zipped sweater, not so hard to understand why people aren't jocking it. I'd never wear such a thing.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Zippers are for boots and dad jeans. (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics