Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwkicks

jwkicks Senior member

Is Boy by BOO, strictly a woman's line? There is/was some stuff on Yoox in the Men's section.

2. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

3. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Personally I'm not going to spend a bunch of money on furniture and stuff like that until I find a place I can see myself living in for 5 years. That might happen this summer or next summer, we'll see. But I'm not living there now, this place is fine but it's a stepping stone.

4. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Clothing is like furniture that you use all the time.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

I don't understand how there is no appreciation of someone's aesthetic that you are not a party to. Do people really only like the way they dress? I often see guys belonging to one aesthetic giving props to others who share the same but not others. Kind of a bizarre phenomenon.

6. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Sometimes I think I'd like to have an outfit like Scott's just for fun, like a costume. My girlfriend really digs that kind of style. I think it would be fun to just dress up as different stylistic archtypes (done perfectly) just so you could fuck with people who think they know what you're going to wear.

7. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

^i think its more of a contemporary vs. traditional/conservative split?

people who like traditional menswear will find it hard to appreciate rick and ann d.

however i think people who wear ann d and rick can appreciate traditional... so i guess its only one way?

8. wangvicous

wangvicous Senior member

I think minimalism for nothing other than the ability to say "I have one fork" is silly. I like having multiple forks. But when stuff becomes a burden instead of an asset, time to toss it. In my last place I had a car and so many spare parts for it I had to get a storage unit for it. When I finally cleared that shit out and got rid of the heap it was like a weight was lifted. But on the flip side, I like having more than one coat, or multiple camera lenses that serve different purposes. This minimalist craze is silly IMO.

"Minimalism is not a style, it is an attitude, a way of being. It's a fundamental reaction against noise, visual noise, disorder, vulgarity. Minimalism is the pursuit of the essence of things, not the appearance." Claudio Silvestrin

I think this quote is what I think minimalism is all about. I think it is a personal thing, everyone has their own personal line where clutter begins. I think the whole point is to not unnecessarily complicate everything.

9. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I don't understand how there is no appreciation of someone's aesthetic that you are not a party to. Do people really only like the way they dress? I often see guys belonging to one aesthetic giving props to others who share the same but not others. Kind of a bizarre phenomenon.

Only if you are close minded. I give props to scott all the time (IRL not on here) and I don't think I would wear most of it.

10. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I give props to dude above me all the time on his purchase and love goth ninja aesthetic and all my friends that have different style and tell them when they pick up dope shit. being closeminded and solely concentrating and enjoying one aesthetic is just boring as fuck.

11. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

I'm clothesminded

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

hai guyz!

13. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

hai guyz!

Fucking kill yourself, you subhuman asshole.

14. aether

aether Senior member

I'm clothesminded

quoted for awesome

15. clare3216

clare3216 New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.