Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane

Lane Senior member

I gotta admit, I spend a disgusting sum of money on clothing for my age, I think I am going to buy a lot less clothing in 2011 and start stepping up my lifestyle game, time to start copping that furniture, sculpture, rug swag.
    rug... over clothing?....you trippin

2. Nil

Nil Senior member

I thought about doing that, then I realized I don't like owning things. Especially things that are large and difficult to move. Besides my clothing, books, computer, chef's knife and Le Creuset dutch oven, I could easily drop everything I own without much concern.

3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I have a massive comic book collection that graduating, moving home, and then moving out made me despise. Not the most baller lifestyle item, but it's pretty great if you like Vertigo titles.

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I gotta admit, I spend a disgusting sum of money on clothing for my age, I think I am going to buy a lot less clothing in 2011 and start stepping up my lifestyle game, time to start copping that furniture, sculpture, rug swag.

[​IMG] sup

5. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

You're still quite young aren't you? don't you think you might want to move to the other side of the world when the opportunity arises?

6. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I'm not doing super RO, just going for more interesting pieces for legwear. I definitely think i could pull of a ToJ/Tshirt/DRKSHDW/Boots look

Doesn't sound good, bro. drkshdw stuff (jeans, at least) are pretty grungy looking, usually requires similar stuff.

7. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

If the opportunity arises for me to move to the other side of the world I would be in a situation where material possessions don't have any actual value and were disposable. I'm 21 years old and I have different priorities. I received a couch from my company and it's probably my most prized posession at this time along with an alpaca throw and some llama wool pillows we make and really it's all beautiful. Makes me want to invest in baller ass furniture and nice art and have a "home" instead of having an apartment.

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

yah, DRKSHDW washes are too out there as far as jeans goes. You should buy some Attachment ones instead since they are "tamer" for lack of a better word.

9. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

If the opportunity arises for me to move to the other side of the world I would be in a situation where material possessions don't have any actual value and were disposable. I'm 21 years old and I have different priorities. I received a couch from my company and it's probably my most prized posession at this time along with an alpaca throw and some llama wool pillows we make and really it's all beautiful. Makes me want to invest in baller ass furniture and nice art and have a "home" instead of having an apartment.

just kick it indoors or on the patio wearing silk/pashmina/cashmere all day[​IMG]

10. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

[​IMG]

These are dope, what are they? I've been really into the idea of creepers lately for some reason. I kinda hate the collection, but these creepers from Prada are pretty neat:
    [​IMG]

11. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I just don't see the point of living with all Ikea and having nice electronics and nice clothing. Why not invest in nicer sheets and dishware? Gotta step the game up, bro.

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

scott.m can never help sampling the goods at work. Don't start pushin dude

13. APK

APK Senior member

I thought about doing that, then I realized I don't like owning things. Especially things that are large and difficult to move. Besides my clothing, books, computer, chef's knife and Le Creuset dutch oven, I could easily drop everything I own without much concern.

This is pretty much my ideal scenario, at least, at this stage in my life. I've had to move twice in my life and it's been a HUGE pain in the ass because of the absurd quantity of things I own.

14. APK

APK Senior member

I just don't see the point of living with all Ikea and having nice electronics and nice clothing. Why not invest in nicer sheets and dishware? Gotta step the game up, bro.

Nicer sheets and other things that add to your personal comfort, I can get with. But I'm good with the type of dishware you'd find at Target and shit; not going to drop jaws, but still nice looking.

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

don't invest in nice dishware, you will break it

i'm in a similar situation, at the same time, i live in a rented apartment and it's not in great shape, some of the wall colors suck, and i'm like do i really feel like spending the time to renovate something that's not even mine?

could do with some rugs and things, but ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.